Do Not Sell My Personal Information

F7 maps update

jsk

I have been keeping my eye open for the F7 map update to become available. A few people have quoted downloading the update from the Ford  site https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

For the past week I have been to the web site numerous times and so far just get informed that my software is up-to-date but the second window on the site just tells me to try again later.

Have many of you been successful in actually getting this map update from the Ford website?

I keep getting told my map software is up to date too but the car shows version 6.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Getting the maps update is very hit and miss there is only one server that serve both the public and the dealers, it took me ages to get to download then it was somslow took 3.5 hours, just keep trying

Tired of waiting I found a topic on the Ford Edge Forum entitled 'Upgrade maps to 2017 F7 maps' by a member called Kugaedge.

The sixth topic down on his topic gives the web url to down load the map updates. A really excellent topic also contains information on how to load usb sticks and installation into car.

Down loaded both files this morning and unzipped them to to two usb sticks. Installed them into car this afternoon no problems at all. stick 1 took 33 minutes and stick 2 27 minutes.

Something I found out during the first part of the installation was that although I had the engine auto shutdown switched off as advised at 30 minutes into the install I had a warning come up to say that engine would switch off in 29 seconds unless I pressed OK on the steering wheel

You can do the update while driving somewhere this will stop the auto shutdown feature. And save you wasting an hour sat in the vehicle like a lemon.

the last few days I've been getting the same message as jsk from the ford website, today I tried and get a 'Looks like something went wrong. Please try again in a few moments' message...

On 9/4/2018 at 2:12 PM, lst said:

the last few days I've been getting the same message as jsk from the ford website, today I tried and get a 'Looks like something went wrong. Please try again in a few moments' message...

Update:

Have tried again today, and it says I have a map update, attempting to download now.

ford_mapupdate_sept2018.jpg

All of Europe is trying to update thats the problem one Server tomserve the world

• 3 weeks later...

finally downloaded (file is now 22.1GB) after having do a 2.3GB system update.

Trying to install the maps, I get an immediate - 'Error code: BGMAP_ERR01' download file again.

Any ideas?

(apart from downloading file again, which I have done twice 🙂 )

Hi there, I had exactly the same problem, there is an error in the files downloaded from Ford. After a week of trying I managed to get the update sorted by using the 2 memory stick method detailed on the Ford Edge forum. Just follow the instructions given by simonb65 and KugaEdge, it works!

A98E3101-B91C-49FE-89AF-23D34A22E9C7.png

• Like 1

Forgot to say, My car is a 2018 fiesta titanium 

If your download pack from Ford is the same as mine, you can use the 2 large files 14G421 and 14G422 that you have already downloaded, you just need the additional file 14G424 from the link provided in the guide, this was missing from my Ford Download. Just make sure these are the only files you have in the syncmy ride folder on your memory sticks, delete the file GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz file, you don’t need this. Don’t forget to edit in word pad the auto install files exactly as shown in the guide and load these on the appropriate memory stick but not inside the syncmyride folder. 

These were my edited auto install files that I used

016A03AD-667A-4F88-9C0E-F16AABBC7030.jpeg

9C5B3970-8468-4AE2-8CE5-A090EBBFA4EB.jpeg

A2FF9FB6-63AA-4FB8-9D3D-8D4DBDE63560.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I searched for the ' BGMAP_ERR01 ' on google and found the same solution, and successfully installed the maps/voices yesterday.

it seems the ' BGMAP_ERR01 ' means that the system hasn't got enough internal memory to action the update, hence why spliting the files between 2 usb sticks works.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club