Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric folding mirrors stopped working

jamiemowatt

Hello, this has probably been posted before but struggled to find anything in the forums. I have a 2008 fiesta ghia mk5. My electric folding wing mirrors have just stopped working.  Anyone know if this is a common fault with an easy fix? Thanks in advance 

The Mk6 Fiesta powerfold mirrors are known for being unreliable...so much so that Ford stopped fitting them to later mk6s so you're quite lucky to get them on an 08.

However usually only one breaks at a time.  So I'd check the fuse for them first. 

If it's not the fuse, have you folded the mirrors manually at all, if one got knocked in by someone else maybe?

It could someone else in a carpark tried folding manually to get pass.

do you mean they have only stopped folding in when you lock the car with the key fob

or also

they won't fold in if you use the switch on the inside of the door (where you adjust the mirrors)

Hello, this has probably been posted before but struggled to find anything in the forums. I have a 2008 fiesta ghia mk5. My electric folding wing mirrors have just stopped working.  Anyone know if this is a common fault with an easy fix? Thanks in advance 
Can i just point out a 2008 fiesta would be either mk6 facelift or early mk7 but deffo not mk5. But mk7 came titanium as ghia phased out after mk6 .
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem power mirrors dont fold with the key or the switch but i can adjust the glass no problem.i also have a problem with the auto light switch it does not work either but all lights do manually could they be linked fuses and bulbs all fine.

Edited by Px52 bau
Added more info

• 9 months later...

Just started having a problem with my drivers side mirror not folding on my 2008 Fiesta MK6.5 with either the switch or when the alarm is set/unset, passenger one works fine. I removed drivers side mirror from car and plugged it into the wiring plug on passenger side door and it works fine there so I'm thinking maybe a wiring issue to the drivers side door? Any advise would me most welcome.

Don’t know if they have separate fuses for each side, have you checked that?

13 hours ago, isetta said:

Don’t know if they have separate fuses for each side, have you checked that?

Only fuse I can find marked as relating to mirrors is one with picture of mirror tilting on it and that one is ok, is there a second one relating to mirror folding that isn't marked on diagram on glovebox? I thought from looking on internet there might be a relay in R12 slot related to mirror folding but that is empty so I don't know if it is elswhere within the vehicle.  

• 3 months later...
On 6/21/2020 at 12:22 PM, highnoon1966 said:

Only fuse I can find marked as relating to mirrors is one with picture of mirror tilting on it and that one is ok, is there a second one relating to mirror folding that isn't marked on diagram on glovebox? I thought from looking on internet there might be a relay in R12 slot related to mirror folding but that is empty so I don't know if it is elswhere within the vehicle.  

Did you have any luck with this? I have EXACTLY the same problem as you and can't find anything online .. I have an 06 Mk5 ghia.

• 3 months later...

I have the fiesta mrk6 07 plate and when I remote lock the car the wing mirrors make a clicking knoise when tryn to fold? 

Has the car been used through the recent frosty, icy weather? If so, if you haven't turned your folding mirrors off there may be a chance they have frozen in position. When they try to fold or unfold, the mechanism that drives them can become damaged...

Just a thought.

I don't know if you can turn the folding mirrors "Off" on an 02-08 Fiesta, but what we do in frosty weather with the Fiesta and Fusion that we have, is to lock the car, and the mirrors fold in. Then unlock the car with the remote, and the mirrors will fold out, and the car automatically relocks after about 30 secs with the mirrors still folded out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club