Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning chimes changed sound?

Jonson

Here's an odd one: for no apparent reason, as of this morning, the sound of my warning beeps/chimes for park sensor and door open have changed - it's gone sort of quieter, more high pitched and tinny. Hard to explain but it's very noticeable. Anyone else had this? 

Not had this /but heard something similar in the past although not on a car. I am guessing the beeps/chimes and sensor noises are from a separate speaker and this may have gone faulty.

Yep, seem to come from a speaker near the dials somewhere. And weirdly - now back to normal.....

Silly as it seems, things like an insect on or in the speaker could cause distorted sound. Unusual but possible.

• 1 year later...
On 9/3/2018 at 8:52 AM, Jonson said:

Here's an odd one: for no apparent reason, as of this morning, the sound of my warning beeps/chimes for park sensor and door open have changed - it's gone sort of quieter, more high pitched and tinny. Hard to explain but it's very noticeable. Anyone else had this? 

Did this ever get sorted? My brand new fiesta st is now doing this only picked it up yesterday..

• Sad 1

Hello, I've had this issue before.

It happens when the sound system crashes. Last time it happened my sync 2.5 system froze and i had to hard reset it. When it started back all the sounds were playing from a tiny speaker behind the dash gauges. Ford built that backup system in case the media player fails.

It fixed itself back overnight since when i started the car next day all was working as intended. It hasn't happened again ever since.

I've had this happen a handful of times now in the last 18 months - always back to normal at next restart, but don't know the root cause.

• 8 months later...

Hey, I know it's been a while...but I'm experiencing the same problem....the chimes and parking sensors sounds output are all from IPC, I checked the setting in Forscan the output of chimes is set primary to Speakers...I don't think it's a fuse because there were 2 times when it worked...but I was on a bluetooth call and somehow it worked... after turning off and back on the car, the problem returned...I recently upgraded to Sync 3...but this problem was before too...do someone have a solution? The car is a 2016 Mondeo Hybrid. Thanks.

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...

Just got brand new 70 plate transit custom and does exactly the same, sometimes it helps when I slam the door close but not every time. Very annoying . it looks like software as it most of the time fixes itself without any action.

• Sad 1

If slamming the door has an effect  it is without a doubt that the problem is due to a loose connection. You can't slam software.

This has happened to me on several occasions, (did it yesterday), still no idea what causes it. As above, sounds like an internal speaker instead of main Speakers.

• 4 months later...

Same happens to me Ford Fiesta ST Line 2020.

I Start the car and open the door and listen some weird warning noise, diferent than the usual.

There are literally dozens of posts on this topic. It happens when the battery monitoring system is reporting low charge in the battery, part of the power saving system. Either give the battery a good charge or reset the BMS to make it go away, for a while anyway.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2021 at 4:51 PM, Waggy said:

There are literally dozens of posts on this topic. It happens when the battery monitoring system is reporting low charge in the battery, part of the power saving system. Either give the battery a good charge or reset the BMS to make it go away, for a while anyway.

I have had this problem on and off with my Mk V Mondeo.  Had it in the dealers for a service, coincidentally at the time, this was happening.  They 'Couldnt see anything wrong' and told me 'This was normal behaviour' according to their technician.  I countered that I hadn't ever seen this before in all 4 years of ownership since new, they just shrugged.  They had dont a battery test, told me it was a "Good" battery with a "Good" level of charge.  I had had the car out for a run, just to charge the battery in case that was the issue.

I manually reset the BMS a few days later, went away, until yesterday.   Its not been for a decent run recently, we are still locked down in Scotland and not allowed to leave the area.  Undoubtedly this time the battery is low, but, wanted to ask a question: Why would resetting the BMS sort this issue, albeit temporarily, if the battery is low?  

2 hours ago, The Latman said:

Undoubtedly this time the battery is low, but, wanted to ask a question: Why would resetting the BMS sort this issue, albeit temporarily, if the battery is low?  

Excellent question. I've not seen any posts which explain how this "smart" system actually works. But I think most people accept there is some sort of problem whereby the BMS reports a low state of charge, starts to shut things down, but the battery itself is perfectly healthy. All we know for now is that the problem has reared its head since many people are using their cars less frequently and that resetting the BMS gives a temporary fix.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waggy said:

Excellent question. I've not seen any posts which explain how this "smart" system actually works. But I think most people accept there is some sort of problem whereby the BMS reports a low state of charge, starts to shut things down, but the battery itself is perfectly healthy. All we know for now is that the problem has reared its head since many people are using their cars less frequently and that resetting the BMS gives a temporary fix.

Same here, all I keep reading is how "advanced" it is.  Yet, when you replace a battery, it's good practice to reset it manually, rather than let it pick up the new battery itself, which is insane.

When I handed mine into the dealer, they compared it with another mondeo on the showroom floor, it did the same thing (weird chimes/message on screen), i laughed and told them they had 2 cars with the same issue then.  I was dismissed and told "No, that's perfectly normal".

I now have video footage of it behaving, and video footage of it misbehaving, in case I ever decide to go back to the dealer about it again, today, its behaving again.

• 1 year later...

This has just happened to me now on my 2021 Ford Transit Custom. Turning vehicle off and on hasn’t worked. A couple of weeks ago, I broke suddenly and a loud piercing internal alarm sounded. It was so loud and piercing, you couldn’t sit in the cab. When starting the engine it stopped briefly then started again. It stopped after about 25mins. Ford didn’t know what it was and couldn’t help. I do have an issue with the media console crashing frequently.

• Sad 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This has started happening to me over the past few days and just happened now on a trip to Morrisons.  Soon as I got back to the car, started the car and opened the door to check it was back to normal.

Coincidentally, I'm also having issues with the auto stop-start and going by what I've read on that as well it seems all the issues are with the battery.  I have been doing largely short journeys recently and I've only been out with it three times since last Friday but I've never had this problem in the past.

52 minutes ago, shabbagaz said:

it seems all the issues are with the battery

Have you checked the battery voltage with a multimeter (1 hour after parking) ?

SOC.JPG

2 hours ago, unofix said:

Have you checked the battery voltage with a multimeter (1 hour after parking) ?

SOC.JPG

No, I don't have one.

3 hours ago, shabbagaz said:

No, I don't have one.

On a modern car you need a multimeter (for example: B&Q £10) just like a set of basic spanners and an assortment of screwdrivers. Long gone are the days of hitting the engine with a hammer when it won't start 🤣

You are also always going to need a Smart battery Charger (Maypole £25 available from Amazon), it's just a fact of life and the way car's are now designed in order to try and meet the emissions regulations.

21 hours ago, shabbagaz said:

This has started happening to me over the past few days and just happened now on a trip to Morrisons...

This made me smile... Now, is Morrisons entirely relevant to the car issue, or are you just demonstrating a decent disposable income? LOL :biggrin:

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

This made me smile... Now, is Morrisons entirely relevant to the car issue, or are you just demonstrating a decent disposable income? LOL :biggrin:

I should have expanded on that as I was trying to highlight it was just a short journey (just down the road). 😉

Wouldn't say Morrisons is a good indicator of decent disposable income though! 😄

14 minutes ago, shabbagaz said:

Wouldn't say Morrisons is a good indicator of decent disposable income though! 😄

Compared to my usual Lidl shop it is LOL

• Haha 3