Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Service Plan

Andywest2k1

Guys,

Had a phone call today from Ford trying to sell me a ford service plan.

They basically want me to pay £17.37 a month instead of paying a big lump sum on each service date.

Just wondering if anyone else uses the plan and if its worth it?

Any other views input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Guys,

Had a phone call today from Ford trying to sell me a ford service plan.

They basically want me to pay £17.37 a month instead of paying a big lump sum on each service date.

Just wondering if anyone else uses the plan and if its worth it?

Any other views input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

£210 for a minor service (give or take a few quid) seems like quite a lot to me for a one off payment - if you're paying in monthly installments surely the price should be even lower to incentivise it a bit. (Seeing as they're ringing you!) I paid £99 for my last service on my mk.6 and don't really want to pay anything over £150 for the same on my mk.7.

Give a few dealers near to you a call and see what the quotes are coming out like. I rang 6 before I booked my last one. :)

It really depends on a number of factors, like how many miles you do a year, how long you plan to keep the car etc. But i've just worked out you will be paying £208.44 per year. Now, i had my first service done in demember 09 (1 year old) and cost me £150....

I took it, and it costs me £15.65, had the car in for service on the first anniversary 27th November last year, and cost me not a penny!

Oh and it came back cleaner too!

I took it, and it costs me £15.65, had the car in for service on the first anniversary 27th November last year, and cost me not a penny!

Oh and it came back cleaner too!

Something isn't adding up there for me.