Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disabling Mk3.5 TPMS?

TomsFocus

Morning,

Does anyone know if I could disable TPMS on a Dec 2015 Focus with FoCCCus or FORScan?  And ideally enable DDS instead?

Looking at buying a TitX from auction that needs a bit of work, including all of the alloys being kerbed (on a 3 year old car...how!?).  I still have a full set of Mk2.5 Focus alloys I could use temporarily but they obviously don't have sensors in.

Cheers,
Tom

PS - Does anyone have the app pack 2 Y spoke 18s on a Titanium X?  Does it ruin the ride compared to the standard 17s?  (Edit - Just checked the price of 235/40/18 tyres 😮 ...as much as I look of the Y spokes, I'll stick to smaller wheels!! :laugh: )

A faulty or deactivated TPMS is an automatic MOT fail on cars registered after 1 January 2012.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

A faulty or deactivated TPMS is an automatic MOT fail on cars registered after 1 January 2012.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

I'm aware of that, it's just to keep the car mobile with the TPMS warning off while running a temporary set of wheels so the originals could be refurbed.

I would reactivate the system once the originals are back on.  

It was a simple tickbox to activate or deactivate DDS on the Mk2.5 and Mk3 pfl, I just want to know if that's still the case with the Mk3.5 TPMS or not.

I have some temp wheels on my fiesta. It’s not that bad having to press ok to get rid of the warning message each time I start car. Then there is the flashing orange light which stops flashing and just stays on after a short while .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, isetta said:

I have some temp wheels on my fiesta. It’s not that bad having to press ok to get rid of the warning message each time I start car. Then there is the flashing orange light which stops flashing and just stays on after a short while .

Yeah, that would irritate me no end!! :laugh:

I hope to reach your level of patience (if that's the right word?) one day... :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe ‘tolerant’ is the right word, I have been married for 27 yrs, tolerance has been learnt by me over that period

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Think we all have certain levels of tolerance , I have buckets  more than my partner.lol 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club