Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing camara

BJT

About half a year ago I installed the full colour sat nav into my car and now I am wandering if I would be able to connect a reverses game camara what would I need to cheek in order for the to work

Thanks

There are a lot of posts on here regarding the reverse camera on the facelift model and wiring.

Still one running on here know as i think the wiring on the screen is the main problem.

6 hours ago, jace1969 said:

There are a lot of posts on here regarding the reverse camera on the facelift model and wiring.

Still one running on here know as i think the wiring on the screen is the main problem.

ok thanks

On 9/6/2018 at 3:24 PM, BJT said:

About half a year ago I installed the full colour sat nav into my car and now I am wandering if I would be able to connect a reverses game camara what would I need to cheek in order for the to work

Thanks

As already said, loads of posts about it, but i will tell you what i did with mine.

Got a genuine Ford reverse camera and handle assy from a breakers and had it painted to match my car. 

Activated with forscan (can't remember how i did this, was over a year ago, but plenty info on here if you search)

My car was not pre-wired as some are, so i took ign feed and earth for the camera from rear wiper motor and I ran a cheap 2 wired shielded cable from the camera (the end cut at the camera side and directly connected to the camera wires) straight to the back of the sat nav/display screen.

On the model with sat nav you need an adapter plug, which i then plugged into the end of the cable running all the way from the camera.

https://car-solutions.com/en/universal-fakra-rca-video-and-camera-connection-cable.php

I still have to connect the last cable from the camera, to the BCM so that the parking assisting lines move on the screen when the steering is turned, but i'm not too fussed with that anyway, although i will get round to it eventually.

FIESTA Connection_diagram_EN.pdf

As Bigchunk said which i should say would cost you a bit of money  of get a cheap complete set up for £20 area as i did just to try the cameras (3 of) i had.

And they do work very good as it shocked me how good it was.

I had a kit like this but got my other to work now but i would not (myself) buy ford stupid prices,my was all fitted from new on rear-view-mirror who had car first.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-3-LCD-Monitor-Wired-Car-Rear-View-Kit-HD-IR-Night-Vision-Reversing-Camera-UK/253655099974?_trkparms=aid%3D555017%26algo%3DPL.CASSINI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20151005190540%26meid%3D93188449a8c24295a7145b916ff72960%26pid%3D100505%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26%26itm%3D253655099974&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226

Bigchunk........what was the cost of your rear panel with camera as there stupid prices on eBay like £200 area and hard to get...........

20180121_093849.jpg

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

As Bigchunk said which i should say would cost you a bit of money  of get a cheap complete set up for £20 area as i did just to try the cameras (3 of) i had.

And they do work very good as it shocked me how good it was.

I had a kit like this but got my other to work now but i would not (myself) buy ford stupid prices,my was all fitted from new on rear-view-mirror who had car first.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-3-LCD-Monitor-Wired-Car-Rear-View-Kit-HD-IR-Night-Vision-Reversing-Camera-UK/253655099974?_trkparms=aid%3D555017%26algo%3DPL.CASSINI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20151005190540%26meid%3D93188449a8c24295a7145b916ff72960%26pid%3D100505%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26%26itm%3D253655099974&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226

Bigchunk........what was the cost of your rear panel with camera as there stupid prices on ebay like £200 area and hard to get...........

20180121_093849.jpg

I got very luck with mine, was buying the half leather interior from a breaker (had to remove it all myself) and noticed it had the reverse camera, but no sat nav. So i asked how much for the rear handle with camera. Got it for 20 quid. Cost me less than 100 all in including the paint job. to also add, a universal type camera will work just fine with the satnav screen, as long as you get an adaptor lead, like the one i put the link too, going that way should cost no more than about 60 if its a diy.

You did very well there mate for £20,mine is a pre-facelift so works off Mirror which i do like as i look there anyway but it was fitted when i had the car but it had the AA full cover for 12 months so i had new camera under that cover then when the cover ran out the new one which was around 18 months old went again and it was around £170+vat and i said no way.

I never had to touch the front at all just the back which all wires were all there just chop and change the ends so i could fit a cheap camera but this is when i hit problems as i had 2 cheap ones but still had picture roll very bad and read a article saying ''make sure you get the right camera for the screen'' so solved it,whatever the picture size on the screen the camera needs to push that size out NOT BIGGER as wont work,a 4.2'' camera wont work on a 3.5'' display and there was my problem so very hard to get a 3.5'' camera as all/most are 4.2''/4.5'' but got 1 place from japan so had 4 of them at £12 each and the outcome was just as good as the origanel.......Look below at camera and picture now.

The kit i put the link for was something i had to try the cameras i had to see if they worked so it then ruled out the cameras and even fitted it in for a few months and was great but then solved my fitted one,i don't think i would of paid a lot to have one if it wasn't already all wired in for me as to be honest i still always look over my shoulder.

But you did well on yours for a Facelift as well but the facelift and pre-facelift are nothing the same even camera and wires in the back.

reverse camera with 3.5'' camera..jpg

rear camera,2nd go at fitting ok and works fine..jpg

Read this one as it might help but there are a nice few on here.

17 hours ago, jace1969 said:

You did very well there mate for £20,mine is a pre-facelift so works off Mirror which i do like as i look there anyway but it was fitted when i had the car but it had the AA full cover for 12 months so i had new camera under that cover then when the cover ran out the new one which was around 18 months old went again and it was around £170+vat and i said no way.

I never had to touch the front at all just the back which all wires were all there just chop and change the ends so i could fit a cheap camera but this is when i hit problems as i had 2 cheap ones but still had picture roll very bad and read a article saying ''make sure you get the right camera for the screen'' so solved it,whatever the picture size on the screen the camera needs to push that size out NOT BIGGER as wont work,a 4.2'' camera wont work on a 3.5'' display and there was my problem so very hard to get a 3.5'' camera as all/most are 4.2''/4.5'' but got 1 place from japan so had 4 of them at £12 each and the outcome was just as good as the origanel.......Look below at camera and picture now.

The kit i put the link for was something i had to try the cameras i had to see if they worked so it then ruled out the cameras and even fitted it in for a few months and was great but then solved my fitted one,i don't think i would of paid a lot to have one if it wasn't already all wired in for me as to be honest i still always look over my shoulder.

But you did well on yours for a Facelift as well but the facelift and pre-facelift are nothing the same even camera and wires in the back.

reverse camera with 3.5'' camera..jpg

I got very lucky, i was not even thinking about a reverse camera at the time, but when i seen it and he gave me the price of 20 pounds, i had to take it, at the time i did not even know if it was possible to retrofit or not, i also did not have the satnav at the time (but had already started looking for one online, as it was a mod i defo wanted to do).

I have to say, i do like the mirror display you have, as that's where you look when reversing, being honest i very rarely look at the satnav screen when reversing, car also has parking sensors (aftermarket ones) but the reverse camera is a nice option to have.

On 9/8/2018 at 9:50 AM, jace1969 said:

Read this one as it might help but there are a nice few on here.

Ok thank you both for your advice I would like to keep it looking like it is “factory fitted” so I’ll check the wiring and hope it is there and then take it from there

Ok thank you both for your advice I would like to keep it looking like it is “factory fitted” so I’ll check the wiring and hope it is there and then take it from there
I do see where your coming from and yours is newer and facelift and weird but easier to find than a pre-facelift one like mine,I just wasn't prepared to pay £200 area for a new camera as I looked all over and all the rest is factory fitted from new even in rear view mirror as that's where they put them on pre-facelift.
All the best and good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club