Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spark Plugs

fiesta_lad

Hi all i drive a fiesta 1.3i endure e engine petrol 51 plate. just wondering can anyone tell me how often should you change the spark plugs at the moment ive got ford ones in got them put in around august 2008 scence then ive done around 20 odd thosand miles so is it time to change or will they do for the time being ive bought denso spark plugs does anybody know if their any good cheers alan.

I would always change plugs at 12k miles on my own cars.... so 20k I would say yes

So time for a change then like i said ive got ford ones in at the moment do u know if denso are any good because they are the ones that are going to be put in also how easy are they to get the old ones out and the new ones in cheers.

Without sounding cheeky in your model car a spark plugs a spark plug by that I mean its not a high performance motor...I only sell Genuine Ford so couldnt comment on quality as for any tips...the night before you do them remove the leads and squirt a little release oil at the base of the plug this will penetrate overnight and hopefully avoid any siezed plug issues as they have been known to snap in the head if old plugs.

Right ok no worries so is it a easy job to do because ive never done anything like this before.

Right ok no worries so is it a easy job to do because ive never done anything like this before.

Standard sparkplugs always had a change interval of 24,000 miles. The Denso iridium Tough ITV16's I fitted to my Mk 6.5 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec Climate, are reckoned to last ~ 60,000 miles, the same as the Platinum-tipped ones in Toyota's, and my "M"-reg Carina E had a 63,000 label on the cylinder-head, for sparkplug change.

I justify the £10 each price of these plugs on the basis of rapid warm-up to clean-burning temperature, and slight improvement in MPG, and very obvious sweet-running of the engine. My wife's Aygo also has Platinum tipped plugs, and long change interval.

The spark plugs i have got which i think paid between £2-£2.50 a plug are denso copper cored & u-grooved the fella said in the shop that it does not need to be gapped has its alreay done for me

How easy is it to change the plugs ive heared you can cause more damage if they are seized into the engine which could cause the plug to snap.

Also what tools and size do i need.

cheers alan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club