Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SYNC 3 - Constant Disconnects

theroninhunter

Does anybody else suffer with frequent disconnects with Android Auto?

It seems like bluetooth and USB are constantly fighting against each other, USB for Android Auto and Bluetooh for Ford Sync

Cannot disable bluetooth becuase plugging it into USB enables bluetooth lol

MIne used to do this a lot about 2 months ago. The music would never cut out but when I was on the phone it would drop out for a minute and then reconnect for a few minutes and then disconnect again, it was a perpetuating sequence. 

To stop it I made sure that my phone software was up to date and also that my Sync unit wasn’t up to date, which it wasn’t so I updated it. It seems to have worked and it hasn’t happened since. There is a bit on the ford website where you can enter your VIN and check that your system is up to date, if it isn’t then you download the update and then plug it in to the car.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonro2009 said:

MIne used to do this a lot about 2 months ago. The music would never cut out but when I was on the phone it would drop out for a minute and then reconnect for a few minutes and then disconnect again, it was a perpetuating sequence. 

To stop it I made sure that my phone software was up to date and also that my Sync unit wasn’t up to date, which it wasn’t so I updated it. It seems to have worked and it hasn’t happened since. There is a bit on the ford website where you can enter your VIN and check that your system is up to date, if it isn’t then you download the update and then plug it in to the car.

Yea, I was going to check but website appears to not be working at the moment, nor the Ford Pass app

Does that sound similar to your issue?

Yes but opposite the music does cut out

Oh right, are you playing music via Android Auto or bluetooth?

is the Sync 3 an aftermarket upgrade? I wasnt aware 2014 vehicles had the 3 I always thought it was the 2

Oh right, are you playing music via Android Auto or Bluetooth?

is the Sync 3 an aftermarket upgrade? I wasnt aware 2014 vehicles had the 3 I always thought it was the 2

Playing via Android Auto

I upgraded from Sync 2MFT to Sync 3 flawlessly...... apart from this little issue

Sync website says I'm up to date for updates

If you upgraded, how does the website know you are on Sync 3? I dont think it can, so it would be telling you that your previous sync was up to date (as far as they can be aware).

On 9/10/2018 at 7:48 AM, Abbadon said:

If you upgraded, how does the website know you are on Sync 3? I dont think it can, so it would be telling you that your previous sync was up to date (as far as they can be aware).

Good question.  I'd be tempted (if the web site will allow it when it thinks someone is up to date) to download the latest sync 3 update and install it.  Worst case scenario is the Op has wasted a few minutes download and installing the software he already has installed but at least it'd confirm the unit is up to date.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club