Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyway to tell if my car has already been mapped with bluefin?

Johnlloyd

When I bought my 1.0 ecoboost I was told it had already been mapped using a bluefin device, is there anyway of checking this? Just doesn’t feel any faster than another ecoboost I have been in 

I’m pretty sure you can ring Superchips with the VIN and they will check for you

If it has a Bluefin remap then the previous owner would have given you the handset.
Superchips won't reprogram a handset unless it has the updated map stored on it as opposed to the standard asbuilt map which would be there if the map was applied (except in rare cases where a dealership has overwritten the upgraded map and even then Superchips will charge £250+ for the process).
If the previous owner does have the handset then it will be worthless to them unless they need a big grey paperweight.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Not all bluefin remaps are done by the customer though, some are done on the premises aren’t they? Therefore the owner never has the handset in the first place. Also, when I was enquiring about remaps they said that if I sold the car and left the remap on then I could re use the handset for a remap on my next car. They would take the handset back and install the new map on to that. 

Superchips keep a record of all the cars they remap wether it is on the premises or with a handset at the customers property.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club