Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 front brakes and discs.

jamesjay

Hi All, Sorry but this is not a very exciting post, I have a 59 plate Zetec Mk7 and just wanted some recommendations on the best make for replacement pads and discs other than the obvious.

I am not a fast driver and only do about 6000 mile a year so I suppose I am looking at mid price range, I have looked at a few parts websites and don't recognise the makers names, the last time I replaced my own pads and discs was about 11 years so I am hoping for some feedback pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

James.  

I've had quite a few issues with both Eicher and Brembo so tend to stick to Pagid myself.

However I will admit my sister has managed to warp a Pagid disc this week lol, though they've been on 2.5 years tbf.

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies Guys,

I was able to get a genuine set of Ford pads and discs from a well known auction site for £78...which is what is on the car now.   

I was told at the last MOT done by ***fords that they no longer use copper grease and was wondering what is used instead.

Kind regards,

James.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 11:32 AM, jamesjay said:

Thank you for the replies Guys,

I was able to get a genuine set of Ford pads and discs from a well known auction site for £78...which is what is on the car now.   

I was told at the last MOT done by ***fords that they no longer use copper grease and was wondering what is used instead.

Kind regards,

James.

I suspect it will be something like this Pagid CeraTec Brake Lube, it's not technically a "grease" in the old fashioned sense, I've been using this type of stuff for the last 3 years and it seems to "last" longer before the slider pins start to stick than old school grease.

Nothing in a lot of cases. If the grease is still there in a few months you’ve put too much on anyway lol

• 1 month later...

Just put eicher on mine as had issues with Pagid- wore through a set in less than 10k- so we shall see how this goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can get GreenStuff pads at a very decent price, so when it comes to needing them I'll be changing to those.  However, I did 48K in my Ibiza without ever needing to change discs or pads, so I may never need to do them lol.

my previous fiesta, now owned by my brother, had new pads at 77k and 146k. car now has 160k on it. Still has original discs which seem fine.

• 2 weeks later...