Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Pads

Bob7777

Hi I have a Ford Focus Titanium 1000 petrol from new Feb 2018.

The brake pads are making a lot of dust and I was thinking of changing them for a set of aftermarket set, does anybody have any suggestions please.

Interested too as just scrubbed front wheels today so much dust. [emoji19]

1 hour ago, Bob7777 said:

Hi I have a Ford Focus Titanium 1000 petrol from new Feb 2018.

The brake pads are making a lot of dust and I was thinking of changing them for a set of aftermarket set, does anybody have any suggestions please.

Wilko @jw1982 changed his pads not so long ago and i think mentioned lower dust generated in pads he fitted. 

id like to change my pads for some that are less viscous when you touch the brake pedal.  they are so sensitive.  i nearly go through the windscreen whenever i touch the pedal.  cant get used to them at all

Redstuff pads are good for low dust, they're not cheap though and I doubt they'll make them for anything smaller than an ST.  You could always upgrade to ST brakes though... :wink: 

All pads will make some dust though, so I'd recommend getting the wheels really clean and then putting a couple of coats of wheel sealant on them.  It won't stop the dust but does make it a lot easier to remove.

• Like 1

+1 for getting the wheels clean and applying sealant.

I use Mer wheel Wax (I've had the bottle for years) on my wheels and I can wipe the brake dust off without the need for a wheeel cleaner...or water if I wanted to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Redstuff pads are good for low dust, they're not cheap though and I doubt they'll make them for anything smaller than an ST.  You could always upgrade to ST brakes though... :wink: 

All pads will make some dust though, so I'd recommend getting the wheels really clean and then putting a couple of coats of wheel sealant on them.  It won't stop the dust but does make it a lot easier to remove.

They make the high performance Yellowstuff pads for none ST Focus models so there's a chance the Redstuff ones might also be available for a "regular" Focus.

**Edit**

Just checked the EBC web site and they only do the Ultimax, Greenstuff or Yellow stuff ranges for the 1.0 EB MK3 Focus.  I can only speak well of the Yellowstuff pads on my MK2 TDCi, I've no idea if the cheaper pads are any good although EBC reckon the Greenstuff and Ultimax ranges are "low dust".

A loooong time ago, I had greenstuff on a (gasp) Vauxhall Nova... They certainly had much lower dust, I was quite down when I switched to regular pads when I had to change them, and the wheels started to get much more dirty. I was  a student at the time and couldnt justify getting more greenstuff, when the motor factor has pads sets for about £6 if I remember correctly...

• Like 1

Ironically i stumbled across a picture of said Nova on my old PC which I was clearing out before giving it away.

In all its glory, 1.4 Nova Merit, singlepoint injection, 60Hp, lowered with rusy rear arches and Noa SRi Recaro Seats (Still the best seats I think I have had, even though no adjustment, they were incredibly comfortable!)

FB_IMG_1536908861708.jpg