Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deadlocking Car.......

top banana

Just one LAST query lol as a newbie to the Focus and have lots questions.....

When you deadlock the vehicle with the remote, and sit inside when doing so, you are unable to unlock / open passanger door from inside and the lock / unlock button is 'locked' however I am able to unlock and open the drivers side without remote and set alarm off.

Thought the purpose of deadlock was that ALL locks are not able to be opened from inside once deadlocked?

Is this another one for my list of niggles?

Cheers

Just one LAST query lol as a newbie to the Focus and have lots questions.....

When you deadlock the vehicle with the remote, and sit inside when doing so, you are unable to unlock / open passanger door from inside and the lock / unlock button is 'locked' however I am able to unlock and open the drivers side without remote and set alarm off.

Thought the purpose of deadlock was that ALL locks are not able to be opened from inside once deadlocked?

Is this another one for my list of niggles?

Cheers

I'm not to good on the subject but i question ford deadlocks myself once in college i locked my mate in the car as in deadlocked and with alot of force he manadged to open the door and get out so there not entirley idiot proof ;) but still better than standard and personally i just like to see my indicators flash up :P

Mike

I'm not to good on the subject but i question ford deadlocks myself once in college i locked my mate in the car as in deadlocked and with alot of force he manadged to open the door and get out so there not entirley idiot proof wink.gif but still better than standard and personally i just like to see my indicators flash up tongue.gif

Mike

none of the doors should be openable whn the car is deadlocked just checked mine and no doors are openable with the deadlocks on no matter how much force i use

none of the doors should be openable whn the car is deadlocked

Ahhhh artscot my dear friend shouldant be not cant be :P i dont quite no why i put that because its admitting my car has a serious flaw :( il go sit in the corner quietly now and cry to my self.

Mike

OHHH by the way i got those bulbs you recomended brilliant!! work a treat and just the right colour much appreciated

none of the doors should be openable whn the car is deadlocked just checked mine and no doors are openable with the deadlocks on no matter how much force i use

Thanks again Artscot79.

Yet another fault for the dealership to fix. lets hope this will be the only faults for a while :(

are there sny other common faults with the focus (2009 model) I should know about to look out for?

cheers

Ahhhh artscot my dear friend shouldant be not cant be tongue.gif i dont quite no why i put that because its admitting my car has a serious flaw sad.gif il go sit in the corner quietly now and cry to my self.

Mike

OHHH by the way i got those bulbs you recomended brilliant!! work a treat and just the right colour much appreciated

glad to be of service i aint been paying attention to what im writing the day or yesterday my head feels like an elephants sitting on it if the mrs was fat it may be her but she aint so its just this bloomin bug to be honest as long as it cant be opened from outside it doesnt matter if a thief got in he would sure as hell get out deadlocks or not did you notice the difference in the light? im in the process of waiting for the xenon fog light bulbs now then an arm rest.....and top bananna if its anything like most fords i wouldnt worry too much they all have little niggles really pollen filter when the cars serviced is a must to make sure the seals been replaced and to see the packaging some probs with locks freezing up other than that i dont know of much else

glad to be of service i aint been paying attention to what im writing the day or yesterday my head feels like an elephants sitting on it if the mrs was fat it may be her but she aint so its just this bloomin bug to be honest as long as it cant be opened from outside it doesnt matter if a thief got in he would sure as hell get out deadlocks or not did you notice the difference in the light? im in the process of waiting for the xenon fog light bulbs now then an arm rest.....and top bananna if its anything like most fords i wouldnt worry too much they all have little niggles really pollen filter when the cars serviced is a must to make sure the seals been replaced and to see the packaging some probs with locks freezing up other than that i dont know of much else

I noticed looads its REALLY blue looks proper xeon lol lights the road up like daylight aswell and an arm rest, ive seen them are they any good though because i wouldant mind one of them only snag is id need a leather one which im sure would cost an arm and a leg seen them nocking around on the web thought for about 80 quid just not sure mine being a 3door if i can afford to make it less pratical than it already is.

Mike

post-9491-126636117203_thumb.jpg

post-9491-126636118146_thumb.jpg

I noticed looads its REALLY blue looks proper xeon lol lights the road up like daylight aswell and an arm rest, ive seen them are they any good though because i wouldant mind one of them only snag is id need a leather one which im sure would cost an arm and a leg seen them nocking around on the web thought for about 80 quid just not sure mine being a 3door if i can afford to make it less pratical than it already is.

Mike

http://vi.ebaydesc.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=300379285586&t=1246978427000&ds=0&js=-1&ssid=3&seller=the-tuning-shop-team&category=72213&bv=msie&caz.html

plenty on eBay from 40 quid upward s well i did my headlights sidelights and fog lights and its a major difference in light i tried a few sets before those ones and i found those to be the best

http://vi.ebaydesc.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=300379285586&t=1246978427000&ds=0&js=-1&ssid=3&seller=the-tuning-shop-team&category=72213&bv=msie&caz.html

plenty on ebay from 40 quid upward s well i did my headlights sidelights and fog lights and its a major difference in light i tried a few sets before those ones and i found those to be the best

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310190096296&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX: IT Cant find a dark grey one :angry: although that wouldant look to bad and it is leather lol.

Do you drive with your fogs on though i only ever use mine once in a blue moon

Mike

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...ame=STRK:MEWAX: IT Cant find a dark grey one mad.gif although that wouldant look to bad and it is leather lol.

Do you drive with your fogs on though i only ever use mine once in a blue moon

Mike

why not for the cash its worth it simply screws in to the centre console no i never really use them but switch youre headlights on and youre fogs and see the difference the fogs are yellow looking compared to the new bulbs so were the sidelight bulbs so i changed the lot makes a hell of a difference especially with the fogs when you do use them