Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Essex Coast Members?

TomsFocus

Bit cheeky I know but do we have any members around Canvey that wouldn't mind viewing a Focus for me?

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-Ford-Focus-1-0-T-EcoBoost-Titanium-s-s-5dr/142920763298?hash=item2146bdc7a2:g:MBoAAOSwS9NbdAky

Keep looking at it on eBay...

First MOT is overdue and it's probably due it's 3rd service as well as obviously the clutch recall...  I'd quite like to knock the price down a bit and have those things done at the local dealer, where the car was originally from, to keep the service book all main dealer for now at least.  And so that I can make sure it doesn't fail its first MOT on something daft as well.  

Odd thing is it's been there a while, and most other 1.0 Titanium's move quickly...not sure if there's something putting people off or if it's just due to the location at the end of the earth lol.  I don't mind replacing tyres or wipers if necessary but want to know how good the paintwork is in reality before I see how negotiable the dealer might be...

Lol what stops you from going there? I'd say the positive thing is the place has 100% positive feedback from over 200 reviews

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

Lol what stops you from going there? I'd say the positive thing is the place has 100% positive feedback from over 200 reviews

It's too far to travel for my broken body. :sad:

Don't say that about yourself. Remember good things come to those who wait. When I was searching for my fiesta zetec s diesel I wanted to get it with at least electric mirrors and part leather seats and at a good price. Hardly could find any as they are rare but managed to find one with more specs than my minimum requirement. Didn't have a good previous owner but found it was taken care of by the owner before. 

Remember just be patient and you'll get a good one plus don't rush👍

14 hours ago, zain611 said:

Don't say that about yourself. Remember good things come to those who wait. When I was searching for my fiesta zetec s diesel I wanted to get it with at least electric mirrors and part leather seats and at a good price. Hardly could find any as they are rare but managed to find one with more specs than my minimum requirement. Didn't have a good previous owner but found it was taken care of by the owner before. 

Remember just be patient and you'll get a good one plus don't rush👍

I'm not just being a miser, I've had to put up with this body long enough to know it's limits.  Around half an hour in the car is doable on a good day, sometimes can't even do 15 minutes on a bad day, once or twice a year I push it to 45 mins and regret it every time lol.  Adding the extra 'layers' of having to drive a rough road that has very frequent accidents and then having to deal with a car dealer, and then drive an unfamiliar car back is well beyond my limits.  The dealer is located over an hour away but just 10 mins from my Great Aunts house, I've only managed to get there twice in the decade I've been driving and was very ill both times.  She now comes to visit me instead...she's 85 and with health problems herself, makes me feel so guilty that I can't get over to hers!

Can't really wait either, the Golf failed 5 DPF regens across Sunday and Monday this week, as well as the fuel it's wasting, it's diluting the oil badly, and failing several regens each week now that I don't have the A3 to use for short trips, exactly the same as the Focus was doing!  There is only one main Ford dealer franchise around here that know they have a captive audience so put a premium on their used cars because of that, I'd have to pay an extra £2k for an equivalent car as the one linked above.

I'm fully aware my own limitations are the reason I always end up with crap cars, but it is what is, sadly I can't change bodies like I can cars so the compromise has to be with the cars instead lol.

Don't you have anyone you could ask that can take you or come with you to see a car? Everyone haves their limitations. I don't like driving to new places as I don't know the road layout plus I overthink about speed cameras when I'm driving in places with them. When I go to view a car my dad comes with me and my uncle so my dad drives the new car back whilst my uncle drives the car we came in. Looks not right as I could drive back but I just get nervous driving long journeys because of the things stated earlier. 

I think Im not going to look at a newer diesel with the things you've said you've had with the DPF. With my sort of mileage I might just go for a sports car then lol. 

Hopefully you'll find one but I think do look at other cars which might tick the boxes for you. 

You're not the first to have made that suggestion.  No-one else seems to get this but I'm much worse with other people, I'm told usually people feel more comfortable around people they know but I'm the opposite!!  It just adds another layer of anxiety for me which worsens the digestive & bowel issues so reduces the distance I can travel.  I don't take passengers any more.  When my Nan needs shopping etc I just do it for her rather than taking her to the store. 

I can't be a passenger myself at all now, not even for 5 minutes on my own road (proved recently!)...which is one reason why I'm so worried about breakdowns as I know I can't travel in a car transporter if mine becomes unfixable.  

There don't seem to be any other cars that tick the boxes.  I know the Focus and Golf in comfort spec are both smooth riding enough for me to do the half hour on a good day that I need to be able to get to Nans mainly.  I can't risk buying another car where the ride turns out to be too rough so just got to stick with what I know, Focus or Golfs in comfort spec with balloon tyres.  And of those 2 it's only the Focus that comes with an economical petrol, the 1.4TSi in the Golfs drinks more fuel and costs more to tax, plus I haven't got the budget for a 2015 Golf but have just about for a 2015 Focus.

• Like 1

Have you looked at fiat's? I went on a test drive in a punto or grande punto and have to say the ride felt amazing. When going over speed humps you can go over them at the speed limit and those small speed humps you can't even feel it when going over them. Felt completely different compared to the stiffer ride in my zetec s. I think the steering is light also. 

Fiat stands for 'fix it again tomorrow'...at least I already have some experience, parts and diagnostics for a 'fix or repair daily'... :biggrin: 

I'm checking Autotrader every day atm.  The further away they are the more delivery will cost though, and after a certain distance they won't deliver at all, too much hassle and cost for them.  Some of the smaller dealers even within Ipswich won't deliver a few miles.  I tend to search within 30 miles of Ipswich town centre (IP1 1AA) as the AT distances aren't all that accurate.  The one I linked in the OP is the closest decent one I could find in budget, it's 65 miles away so don't know whether they'd be willing to deliver or not, I'd be surprised if a large dealer like that didn't have a trusted delivery company though.  You'll see there are very few facelift 1.0 Titaniums in that area under £10k, plus I'm only looking at the 125ps models now after getting an insurance quote for a remap on a 99ps model lol.  And I don't want silver or white...who says beggars can't be choosers... :laugh: 

The car I was looking at at physical auction is coming up next week (been waiting for it to be assigned a lot number), it's half as far as the other one (30 miles) and just over half an hours drive, as long as there's no traffic issues so I'm hoping to get there and view it, and possibly buy it.  Though there isn't a guide price so I don't really know how much it's likely to go for.  I've got a rough idea of retail price but can't seem to find a free trade price valuation online.  I'm also intending to go to a large vehicle show this weekend, they had a few dealers there last year with cars for sale, as well as brand new demos, so may find something there with a decent discount as they come from a different dealer to the local franchise.

• Like 1

Just seen this is very local...but I really don't want to have to settle for another silver PFL... :unsure:  Will keep an eye on it for now and wait for the inevitable price drop when it doesn't sell at £7k...  

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201808219714443

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:12 AM, TomsFocus said:

I'm also intending to go to a large vehicle show this weekend, they had a few dealers there last year with cars for sale, as well as brand new demos, so may find something there with a decent discount as they come from a different dealer to the local franchise.

So, there were some Fords there with a discount...  Was quite tempted by a Ranger Wildtrak in orange tbh, it didn't feel overly large from inside, probably not realistic though... :laugh:  

Was also a Mk4 Focus...got to say the boot appears to be even smaller than the mk3, despite the capacity figures. :unsure: Looks still haven't grown on me though, and I'm not  fan of the interior either, though the electric dash feels modern.  Also tried a Mk8 Fiesta, very claustrophobic and seemed quite low spec/quality for an ST...even had a manual dip mirror! 😮  However, they did have a Mk3.5 Focus 1.0 Titanium X with the appearance pack 2...  And the super rare full leather interior!!  :biggrin:  Sadly it was an auto though, and £17k lol.  But yeah, it's sort of confirmed that I do still want a Mk3.5 Focus at least...  So, next step will be the auction this week, want to know what it makes even if I don't go for it!    

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club