Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New addition to the family.

dtulip8

Well today was certainly interesting, ending in us welcoming one of the last two Focus RS' for sale in the country to our family fleet. Nitrous blue with I think an upgraded interior, but I'm very excited even though I won't be driving it (as I'm only 19!). We pick it up on Thursday.

41656723_223734725166243_1708153964437962752_n.jpg

One of only two brand new, non registered ones left. There’s a white one at the same dealer.

2 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Well today was certainly interesting, ending in us welcoming one of the last two Focus RS' for sale in the country to our family fleet. Nitrous blue with I think an upgraded interior, but I'm very excited even though I won't be driving it (as I'm only 19!). We pick it up on Thursday.

41656723_223734725166243_1708153964437962752_n.jpg

Very nice, who's the lucky person who'll be driving it regularly?

I would have thought there was more than 2 in the whole of the UK, that’s mental.

43 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

Very nice, who's the lucky person who'll be driving it regularly?

That'll be my Dad, very green to say the least!

1 minute ago, Jonro2009 said:

I would have thought there was more than 2 in the whole of the UK, that’s mental.

That's according to the dealer, they could of course be wrong as there is always potential for there to be a few more knocking around.

Sounds reasonable, production ceased some time ago for the outgoing MK3.5 Focus on new orders, and they probably stopped making the RS some time before that? There were only a few un-reg ST in the country a few months ago, so I expect there aren't many of those left either, and RS are rarer again than ST?

It’s hard enough seeing photos of these beauties and not being able to drive them, it’s going to be even worse for you seeing it on the drive everyday! Maybe you will get a shot on a private road 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haha he did say he would try and find somewhere for me to have a go, although I'd certainly be nervous driving it! I'm hoping he'll keep it for a few years as I'm hoping to get a MK2 RS (my fave generation) so we can compare!

On 9/12/2018 at 12:07 PM, dtulip8 said:

Haha he did say he would try and find somewhere for me to have a go, although I'd certainly be nervous driving it! I'm hoping he'll keep it for a few years as I'm hoping to get a MK2 RS (my fave generation) so we can compare!

The problem with the awesome MK2 RS Focus is a good one still commands a price that's in the ballpark of what they were when they were new.  Even though I respect the engineering that's gone into the MK3, I don't think it has the attitude/character of the MK2. :taz:

(Speaking from my own personal experience - From the moment you start the engine in a MK2 it feels like the car is constantly encouraging you to drive it like you stole it and that's before you get to the looks (widebody, Performance green paint and gloss black trim parts all combine to make a strong "statement").  It's good to have a dream/something to aspire to even if neither if us is likely to get out hands on one any time soon! 😭

• Like 1

I get what you mean about the MK2, any car like that is going to retain its value very well. Having the driven the MK3 now, its certainly not a car that makes you want to drive slowly. Once I'd stopped stalling it (the clutch was ferocious coming from a 12 year old Focus), burying that throttle was amazing. I'm going to get an ST225 first, as they've come down in price massively recently, and are a good bridge between my current car and the RS.

The clutch on the Mk3 RS is a known issue, lots of complaints about it!  There is even an upgraded pedal spring to try and give it some feel and progression.  Ford seem to be useless at clutch design across the board on the Mk3 Focus'! :laugh: 

I agree with Damian, maybe it's our age, but I just don't see the Mk3 RS in the same light as the MK2...  I do appreciate them though, and certainly wouldn't say no if I was offered one!

Is it rude to ask how much it cost btw? :biggrin: 

The clutch is definitely an issue, both this and my mums C-Max have nothing, nothing, nothing then the pedal springs up and it bites. I do still prefer the Mk2 RS, give me one of those in Ultimate Green and I'd be a very happy man. 

It was 36k with options, which were the upgraded Shell seats, luxury pack, painted calipers and forged wheels. It was orginally ordered by a tuning company (along with a white one) who just never bothered picking it up so the garage put them back up for sale. 

• Like 1

That's not a bad price tbh, those options should help it hold the value as well.  Interesting story about the tuning company too...I wonder what happened there, ran out of money maybe...it's not the sort of thing you could just forget to collect lol.

Enjoy it! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club