Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AutoBeam LED Upgrade Opinions

JoBoy99

Thinking of upgrading all the bulbs on my fiesta to AutoBeam LED's. anyone got them/had them before or know much about them?

Cheers

Just recently fitted Autobeam performance LEDs to my ST.

Picked up the front & rear indicators (side mirrors were out of stock) and both rear brakes and fog bulb. Didn't get the front fogs but may get them later on when the side mirrors are back in stock. Was going to get the reverse LED Bulbs but then found I had a set from CEUK that I had ordered the year before and forgotten about. **Edit** Forgot to say that I also got the number plate LEDs as well.

Overall, they are much brighter than standard. I have no previous experience of other LED Bulbs on the outside (have OSRAM blue / white LEDs fitted to the interior lights) but a few on the forums have had the previous Autobeam versions.

Couple of codes you can use for a discount:

Ash12 - 12% iirc

Frostyfez - same as Ash12 I think

thatfezgal - free shipping but not sure on order value

• Like 1

Highly recommend autobeam. Do use the discount codes @Zico said. They give warranty on their bulbs and haven't had problems with their customer service. Once two of my bulbs I ordered were not working and they just said to send them back for a replacement and they paid for the postage.

If you want bright bulbs you can look at their performance range bulbs. I have their performance range indicators and they are blindingly bright. They released brake lights in their performance range and I'm thinking of getting those. 

I have their performance range reverse lights, indicators and their normal range brake lights, number plates and some boot lights which I fitted on both sides. Also got their halo sidelights / indicators 

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0191.JPG

DSC_0192.JPG

DSC_0193.JPG

_20180405_203748.JPG

• Like 1

All ordered, will be here by the weekend, something to do over the weekend, will update when its installed

• Like 1

Will be looking for to that and your impressions on it 👍. What bulbs did you get? Was it from the standard or performance range. 

I've got Autobeam interior lights and the bulbs for the rear plate. Great once they're in but I did have a bit of trouble getting some of the 501 bulbs into the interior roof lights. 

so far so good, very bright found them easy to fit, hardest were the fog lights but even that wasn't bad. just need to get a pair of LED full beam headlights as they don't do one for H1's.

• 4 weeks later...

A little update on the lights. having some interference issues with the radio at the moment but trying ferrite coils to try and kill it. Other than that the lights are brilliant

What's the deal with the upgraded LED and HID bulbs and the MOT changes from early this year? 

I've been thinking about fitting HID dipped beam but if you have to swap them out for MOT I'd rather not bother.. 

On 10/13/2018 at 8:21 PM, jbell said:

What's the deal with the upgraded LED and HID bulbs and the MOT changes from early this year? 

I've been thinking about fitting HID dipped beam but if you have to swap them out for MOT I'd rather not bother.. 

I think I've seen these fail MOT so I believe you'll need to switch these out 

HID dipped beam should fail under new regs...but as the Fiesta uses a projector housing as standard, they'll probably pass as long as they are the right height...

Why would LED's fail? They're used on other cards from the factory the exact same, surely its the same as just changing a dead bulb in a car just with a high end one.

They aren't a stupid colour or anything?

More info would be good

5 minutes ago, JoBoy99 said:

Why would LED's fail? They're used on other cards from the factory the exact same, surely its the same as just changing a dead bulb in a car just with a high end one.

More info would be good

Depends on the housing reflector is a no go regardless of what people say online, projector you stand a better chance although I'd say go LED not HID

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Depends on the housing reflector is a no go regardless of what people say online, projector you stand a better chance although I'd say go LED not HID

Well I've got the AutoBeam LED's all round now. Am I okay to have them or not as this is the first I've hear of it being a problem, so wondering whether I need to take them off or not

Depends on your headlights, reflectors or projectors? If they're projectors don't worry you'll fine. On Autobeams site it does state they're for projectors 

39 minutes ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Depends on your headlights, reflectors or projectors? If they're projectors don't worry you'll fine. On Autobeams site it does state they're for projectors 

image.thumb.png.b3af07af1f8148b83d500f407ccf4c46.pngProjectors being these?

I've got Autobeam interior lights and I'm really pleased with them 

12 hours ago, JoBoy99 said:

image.thumb.png.b3af07af1f8148b83d500f407ccf4c46.pngProjectors being these?

Yes they're projectors mate

15 hours ago, JoBoy99 said:

More info would be good

Some high end halogen bulbs are also illegal and sold 'for off road use only'...  Legally, any bulb fitted to dipped beam with a light output of 2000 lumens or more needs washers and levellers.  This is to avoid dazzling other drivers, dipped is a compromise between you being able to see and other drivers not getting blinded by your lights.  It's not an issue for main beam as they should only be used without any oncoming traffic anyway.

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Some high end halogen bulbs are also illegal and sold 'for off road use only'...  Legally, any bulb fitted to dipped beam with a light output of 2000 lumens or more needs washers and levellers.  This is to avoid dazzling other drivers, dipped is a compromise between you being able to see and other drivers not getting blinded by your lights.  It's not an issue for main beam as they should only be used without any oncoming traffic anyway.

My main beam is what came With the car, just blue glass, but doesn't look blue when its actually on. the only thing that I've noticed is really bright are the indicators are super bright, these wouldn't be picked up for any reason would they?

12 hours ago, JoBoy99 said:

My main beam is what came With the car, just blue glass, but doesn't look blue when its actually on. the only thing that I've noticed is really bright are the indicators are super bright, these wouldn't be picked up for any reason would they?

Are the indicators LED or still original?  They'll be fine as long as they're showing orange anyway, it's only if they're showing white that it's an issue.

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Are the indicators LED or still original?  They'll be fine as long as they're showing orange anyway, it's only if they're showing white that it's an issue.

Everything is LED on my car now apart from full beam and rear fog lamp, so yeah indicators are LED but are orange, as long as the brightness doesn’t matter I’m not bothered

19 hours ago, JoBoy99 said:

Everything is LED on my car now apart from full beam and rear fog lamp, so yeah indicators are LED but are orange, as long as the brightness doesn’t matter I’m not bothered

I have the performance indicators and had my dad drive behind me. He said they are bright but not a lot to blind you. I've noticed they do cause some people behind me to back off if they are driving close behind. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

I have the performance indicators and had my dad drive behind me. He said they are bright but not a lot to blind you. I've noticed they do cause some people behind me to back off if they are driving close behind. 

I really do like this and have experienced the same reaction from drivers as I get near to my home. The lane to our home is on a bend along a main road so I normally indicate at a point ~115m from the entrance. Usually the good drivers (that aren't tailgating me) are already at a safe distance behind me but drop back a bit further. Those that have been closer also drop back. Only once have I had an idiot try and go round me on the blind bend crossing the double white lines.

With the standard indicators the reaction of those behind me was much less.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Myself and two others tried desperately to fit autobeam H1 led to fiesta mk8 with no results. They do not fit due to the angle and size of bulb. Gave in after 3 hours.