Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync and parking sensor faults

Leonar07

Hey guys, 

been having issues with sync 3 screen flickering and randomly changing between day and night mode for no reason. Also been having issues with parking sensors going off with nothing around and the car failing to park itself. Due to sensors. Anyone witnessed or heard of this happening before?

thanks 

michael

The jumping day to night is I think this time of year. It can't work out whether it's day or night. I was going to ask the other day what others do with there's. Do they take it out of auto brightness? The auto headlights will have much the same issue.

Turning auto dim off might stop the flicker

Ive got the same issue with sync 3  screen, auto dim is off its set to day this reduces the swapping  a bit, been back to dealer seceral times but the cant find a fault dispit me showing them a video of it happening, its ***** annoying. Seems to do it more in navigation mode 

Mine has done it from new and the car is now 10 months old. Done it during all weathers and doesn’t seem to matter what settings the lights are on. For both the sensors and the screen. From what I’ve managed to find online ford have had sync screen issues for 6 years. As to what people have been posting on YouTube 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 6:14 PM, Leonar07 said:

Mine has done it from new and the car is now 10 months old. Done it during all weathers and doesn’t seem to matter what settings the lights are on. For both the sensors and the screen. From what I’ve managed to find online ford have had sync screen issues for 6 years. As to what people have been posting on YouTube 

Don't pay too much attention to the youtube videos as a lot will relate to Sync 2 which is not the same. Make sure your light sensor is kept clean, and if you're not happy with it still, take it back to Ford. You're under warranty, they are obliged to fix it.

Parking sensors can go off randomly near other cars with sensors too I've found (I've seen it set theirs off at the same time, very weird)

Another thing, do not install shorter wipers because they are cheaper. They won't clean the sensors properly if at all. Halfrauds tried to sell me shorter ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

. Make sure your light sensor is kept clean, and if you're not happy with it still, take it back to Ford. You're under warranty, they are obliged to fix it.

All well and good if they can find the fault mine couldnt/wouldnt and deny such a thing is possible. As i said in a previous post I even gave them a video of  my sync 3 doing it.

23 hours ago, pragmatix said:

All well and good if they can find the fault mine couldnt/wouldnt and deny such a thing is possible. As i said in a previous post I even gave them a video of  my sync 3 doing it.

Change your dealer then. I kept on at mine until eventually they finally recreated the problem I was having with my sound.

Can you upload the video for us to see?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

Change your dealer then. I kept on at mine until eventually they finally recreated the problem I was having with my sound.

Can you upload the video for us to see?

I have changed my dealer for more reasons than that now gone to a small family business, who will investigate when it goes in for a service next month, this dealer also sorted my brake problem that the big main dealer couldn't find, no i cant upload the video its over an hour long.

• 1 month later...

Recently been to another ford for a service and they have stated that there are issues with the sync 3 screens and that others have been in to them with similar problems

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club