Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locked out of car! Please help

Jimsav

After not being used for 5 months I can't get into car via remote fob as I presume battery is completely flat. Worse still is that when I put the key in the lock it will not turn at all! Therefore I can't open the door to open the bonnet to charge the battery.  I have tried both keys. When I have had a flat battery in past it has always opened via the key.

Car is 2014 fiesta 1.25.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks 

Jim

Spray the lock with some wd-40 and try to get it to turn.

Failing that you'll have to crawl underneath and put 12v on the starter. It will be good enough to give the electrics some juice. You have to be careful not to short the positive lol. You should then be able to use the fob to unlock the car and open the bonnet to give it a proper jump start.

I agree with first reply. although you might need to jack up car and get undertray off, if you get another 12 volt battery and run cables from it - negative to car earth - eg. bare metal of engine/gearbox and   positive to the thick lead connector on the starter motor (that is where the thick positive cable from the car battery to the starter motor is).it will provide power to your car so central locking will work (if the battery in the fob is good). be very careful connecting it.  put the wires on under the car before you connect other end to battery. much less chance of accidental short that way.

cars were better when they had a proper key hole on the bootlid so that gave an extra means of access.

Thanks guys for the reply. Luckily for me someone jacked the car up and managed to release the bonnet catch from underneath. So far now working but may have to replace the door lock as the key will still not open the door.

There's a chance (although very low on such a young car) that a previous owner has changed keys for some reason and left the door lock alone. Chances are if it's stuck it will free up with a bit of penetrating fluid and turning the key in both directions to free it up.

as others have said its probably siezed as the lock hasnt moved since new. take the lock out and soak it overnight in a cup of penetrating fluid. easy enough to remove lock, only 1 torx screw.  theres a small plastic cover on the edge of door, prise it off . then get a torx screwdriver ( cant remember size but probably a t15 or t20) and undo the torx screw just enough until the lock surround and lock is loose enough to remove. 

I had the same problem. After spraying some lubricant in the lock I found that it had to be turned the opposite way to what I expected (turn to rear of car to unlock) and only a short turn while pulling the handle. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club