Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing sensor volume level is low

1.Morningstar

Has anyone else found that the volume on the reversing sensor module is low?

I find that I have to turn the radio off & windows up to hear it, I've searched the car & think that my module is behind the trim to the drivers side in the boot area, does anyone know of a way to increase the tone level?

Yes I know I could buy an earing aid or two or even a new module 🤣🤣 but I'd hope to find a cheaper method

thanks David

this may sound silly  but have you gone into the Sound Menu  ?  it is usually all controlled from there,  also  When in Reverse   turn up the volume on your radio see if that makes a difference

Is it standard or aftermarket?  I'm sure the standard one turns the radio down when selecting reverse?

Maybe wire it through an amp and a couple of 6x9s? :wink: 

If it's an aftermarket unit you might have to go hunting. My speaker fell off where it was stuck and ended up wedged behind the boot trim.

If you can find the module you may be able to turn the volume up on it? I’ve got factory fitted original reversing sensors and I’ve always thought the level was a bit low. There’s no way to increase the volume from the dashboard controls and as the sound appears to come from the rear of the car (and not the speakers) turning the radio volume up would only increase the radio volume in my mind. (Also, When I go into reverse if the radios on the radio volume doesn’t  lower - I haven’t looked to see if you can alter the volume using a modified ELM so someone else might confirm that one for me)

Thanks guys,

It's a factory fitted unit, any ideas are appreciated

David

On the Focus MK2/MK2.5 there is no way to increase the volume of the original PDC system. The PDC sound is produced by a small speaker that is connected directly to the PAM (Parking Assistance Module). There are no (configuration) settings that affect the volume.

The only way to increase the PDC volume is by installing an adjustable amplifier between the PAM and the small speaker.

• Like 1

Mine seems low as well, I’ve thought of tapping the stereos phone mute into the reverse switch. 

As it's a factory fitted unit, why not try and find another Focus owner, that will let you compare your volume with theirs'? At least you will then know if your Focus has the problem, or your hearing is failing.

I'm thinking of buying a second unit (with some of the original wiring loom) from a  e bay breaker that I 've used for another replacement part & trying it out if it were no louder.

I wonder if I were to buy a used second hand unit  if I could connect it up by the use of scotch lock cable clips colour coded wire to colour coded wire & have a unit closer to the front of the car 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club