Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Etis and Auto Lights/DRL's

jace1969

On Etis if a car came from new with lights (when it gets dark/dusk they come on) will it say Auto lights and if DRL's would it state this.

Also do they fit both on some Titanium fords or would one have to be added later.

It should say ‘plus auto lights’ and ‘plus halogen/led running lights’ if it has them.

it would depend what was standard spec on that particular run of titanium’

I have spotted the DRL'S and i can see Auto lights to the bottom of the list but there is one very strange thing when i looked at the car.

It does have the DRL's but there is no A on there for the auto lights like on my fiesta.

8 hours ago, iantt said:

what model are you refering to? 

Its a Mondeo 2 litre Zetec Business Edition Diesel,my mistake as did think it was Titanium but still on the list below.

I will copy the last section of the Etis page and you will see it says Automatic lights but i know 100%its not on the switch but has DRL's

20180913_095701.jpg

My Focus has "With Auto Headlamps". It doesn't have automatic lights.

7 hours ago, Micro said:

My Focus has "With Auto Headlamps". It doesn't have automatic lights.

I do hope someone can see on this list if it should have them as the person and me now are confused on this.

5 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I do hope someone can see on this list if it should have them as the person and me now are confused on this.

No, this car doesn't have auto lights.  'Less headlamp control' at the bottom is the important one.  Auto lights is 'with automatic headlamp control'.

'With auto headlamps' refers to the guide home lights.  So if you pull the stalk after switching the engine off, the headlights illuminate your front door for a few minutes.

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

No, this car doesn't have auto lights.  'Less headlamp control' at the bottom is the important one.  Auto lights is 'with automatic headlamp control'.

'With auto headlamps' refers to the guide home lights.  So if you pull the stalk after switching the engine off, the headlights illuminate your front door for a few minutes.

Cheers for clearing that up,do you know if he is doing something wrong as he said he moved the stalk and the headlamps now don't stop on but he will see if they come on

again in a few days,what goes on he starts the car and his lights are always on and he cant turn them off,is there some setting that he is missing like on the stalk.

You can change the guide me home lights in the dash display if it's the same as the Focus so maybe a previous owner has turned them off.  After turning the engine off you just pull the main beam stalk for a couple of seconds and that should activate them I think...been a while since I used them though as I always reverse park so no use to me lol.

Does this Mondeo have separate LED DRLs?  If not, the dipped beams are used as DRLs which might be why you can't turn them off.  My Golf is the same.

19 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You can change the guide me home lights in the dash display if it's the same as the Focus so maybe a previous owner has turned them off.  After turning the engine off you just pull the main beam stalk for a couple of seconds and that should activate them I think...been a while since I used them though as I always reverse park so no use to me lol.

Does this Mondeo have separate LED DRLs?  If not, the dipped beams are used as DRLs which might be why you can't turn them off.  My Golf is the same.

Yes mate the DRL's/LED's are like a strip in the bumper just that he said i have a problem,when i jumped in the car the lights was always on and i aint even got them on.

You could be onto something with this stalk,would they stop on all the while he drove say drive for 30 mins turn off engine and jump in again and on again until they reach the

set time which can be long depending how long you move the stick for.

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Yes mate the DRL's/LED's are like a strip in the bumper just that he said i have a problem,when i jumped in the car the lights was always on and i aint even got them on.

You could be onto something with this stalk,would they stop on all the while he drove say drive for 30 mins turn off engine and jump in again and on again until they reach the

set time which can be long depending how long you move the stick for.

Ah right ok.  No it won't be the guide me home lights in that case, they only come on for a few seconds once you've turned the engine off so you can see your front door after parking, they don't work at all with the engine on.

I'm not really sure what to suggest tbh, it sounds like Volvo style dim-dip but I don't remember seeing that on Fords before.

42 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah right ok.  No it won't be the guide me home lights in that case, they only come on for a few seconds once you've turned the engine off so you can see your front door after parking, they don't work at all with the engine on.

I'm not really sure what to suggest tbh, it sounds like Volvo style dim-dip but I don't remember seeing that on Fords before.

Its booked in to a garage on Monday as he went there before to clear some error codes that they said been there a while,i tried my error reader when he came round

and no errors have come back,i aint got a clue on a Mondeo what buttons/stalks etc work stuff this is why i came on here as i think he is also new to all this stuff.

All i know as from yesterday he messed with something on the one stalk and they went off but he did mention his High Beam would not stop on(blue light on dash)

when they were on,i have seen them on as soon as he started the car and very sunny so we aint got a clue.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there something wrong with the stalk or the headlight switch?

The headlights must be under computer control for the guide home lights to work, so its not beyond the realms of possibility that if he's messed with elmconfig or a similar tool (is one available for the mondeo?) there might have been an option for DRL's using the dip beam (my Corsa had this, i.e. dips on regardless of headlight switch).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club