Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Low Warning (13 plate)

mikehibbert

Hi All

When I have the car on accessory, with the engine NOT running, within a minute or two the Batter Low warning comes on. It's always done it (since we got in in April) , and I planned to replace the battery before winter, as it didn't seem to impact the starting. 

However, taking it to a battery place today, the chap says the battery is fine, holding a charge and the alternator is also ok. 

Any ideas what's making the warning come on?

Cheers

Mike

Sorry for the late reply, I missed the notification. Is this a user job or does it need to go back to a dealer?

If there is an update then it will need to be done at a dealer.

I and many others are having or had the same problem too. battery tests show it's fine yet the message still appears. My 2011 Mondeo is on its 2nd Ford battery (replaced under warranty in Jan 2015), and that has started giving the Low battery message for the last few months. I can charge it but after about a week the message appears again.

However, the car has never failed to start, even on the old battery in the middle of winter.

Forscan software showed my battery is 57% charged. But I then reset the BMS (battery monitoring system) and it showed it as 67% charge..going to monitor it over the next few weeks.

• 1 year later...

my 14 plate galaxy tdci petered out as i rolled into a car park. Roadside test showed alternator 11v. Had been having 'battery low' displayed for a year, but never failed to start 1st try.

Is the only possible cause ecu failure? eg  could faulty ecu be suppressing alternator volts? Or is there a cheaper possibility? Much cheaper to replace alternator.

Or could a collapsed battery be dragging alternator output down?

Any opinions from experience  appreciated.Thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club