Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Race exhaust

cmb8382

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum but was looking for some advice. I'm trying to find a race exhaust system for my Mk2 facelift 1.6 petrol focus. All the ones I see are either for the ST or RS and can't seem to find a branded one for my model. I could get a custom one made but I'm trying to avoid this if possible as they are very expensive. Does anyone have any ideas?? 

Found this piper one that came off a mk2 1.8 focus but not sure if it will fit

Screenshot_20180914-175912.png

46 minutes ago, cmb8382 said:

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum but was looking for some advice. I'm trying to find a race exhaust system for my Mk2 facelift 1.6 petrol focus. All the ones I see are either for the ST or RS and can't seem to find a branded one for my model. I could get a custom one made but I'm trying to avoid this if possible as they are very expensive. Does anyone have any ideas?? 

Found this piper one that came off a mk2 1.8 focus but not sure if it will fit

Screenshot_20180914-175912.png

That piper will fit 

There also available in duplex style from piper to replicate the ST 

http://www.piperexhausts.co.uk/piperstore/index.php?cPath=26_230_462&osCsid=rvlip08thksbgg06qvapdiiiq2 

Great, hopefully save myself a few bob. Thanks for that. Good to know you guys are here for some sound advice 😁

• Like 1

I put these points in post about an induction kit a few weeks ago.... almost word for word this applies to the benefits of fitting an upgraded exhaust

if you have a turbo, a well made, well fitted induction kit will work together with a remap to extract a few more horse power that 99% of the time you will never use.

if its a NA car an induction kit will rob a fair bit of vital torque, in the range of 1000 to 3500 rpm that you want every drive, and will replace it with 2 BPH at 3000 you can't possibly notice and if lucky give 7 BHP at 5000 rpm that at best you'll use for 10% of your life (if you suddenly change and like wasting petrol).

it will invalidate your insurance, make and antisocial noise, on a motorway it may drone to such an extend you will regret it and might cause issues with the way the car runs in bad weather (extreme cold and or rain)

For road use, it would be far more pleasant to drive, safer and much faster if you invested in a matching set of premium brand tyres (in the standard size), get the geometry set on all 4 wheels and work on optimising tyre pressures to get handling characteristic you like.  If you have money left over an upgraded set of expensive adjustable dampers retaining the original spring rates and close to std ride height would be another idea to help you go faster

NOTE:...you will most likely unlock twice the power by doing a full service (filter, plugs oil) and running a decent synthetic brand of oil at manu spec and pumping up the tyres

sorry to be an old boring ***** but lowered springs, a loud exhaust, 19" wheels and cheap mismatching unbranded tyres rubbing on the arches is about 10 seconds a lap slower (and you need at least 15BHP gain to actually feel it on the road)

On this engine you can get a remap for about the cost of an exhaust, it will give a bit more bottom end drivability (well worth having) a small bit in the mid range, and a noticeable bit at the top.  an exhaust or and induction kit will almost certainly rob you of power everywhere you will be using it (it will sound faster but WILL be slower) those two performance extras will give you nothing aside from 5 to 10 BHP at 6000rpm full throttle work...    MOST cars just need the driver to press the throttle earlier or for longer.... outside a competition environment performance parts just make it slower, nosier and cr*p

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club