Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HELP! 2009 Fiesta - Phone and aux says mute

PedroFiesta

Hello,

I have recently bought a (new for me) 2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec from a private seller. It only has the aux port (no USB connection) and when I press the phone icon it comes up with 'MUTE' and a speaker symbol with a cross through it - same for aux. When I plug in my aux cable nothing happens my phone is unable to connect to the car and when I search for the car to sync on bluetooth no options come up. I was really looking forward to playing my music in this car and having the hands-free option to answer my phone from my steering wheel but I am at a loss. If you could help I would greatly appreciate it. 

Kind regards, 

D

20180916_174450.jpg

Sounds like you dont have bluetooth which is what you need for the phone i think you need a titainum to get this, however all is not lost the bluetooth module can be added, not sure about which version but others no doubt will be along with the right info

Yes, it certainly sounds like no bluetooth (i had a 2009 Titanium with no bluetooth....i assume at that time it was an option that wasn't selected by the original owner) the phone button is simply muting what ever is playing on the stereo.

If you have an iPhone i was simply using voice activated Siri to dial with the phone plugged into the AUX output (Calls went via the speakers) i had to shout a little louder so the person at the other end could hear but it worked for my short "Im on the way" kind of calls.

Obviously you cant answer calls as you cant hold/touch your phone at all whilst driving so admittedly its quite a drawback.

• 7 months later...

I have the same problem.did you finally find out where the problem was?

14 hours ago, alextheodoridis said:

I have the same problem.did you finally find out where the problem was?

It's not a problem with the stereo as such, it's just you dont have bluetooth fitted.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

i have the same problem but the blutooth and usb and line in, voice command button and interior light thingy are fitted and i have checked the fuses tried replacing the module aaaaaaaarrrrrrrhhhh still dont work ...... anybody any ideas???

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem however my car does have bluetooth as I have had this connected for the past 3 years, now it doesn't work! Help please! 

• 8 months later...

Ford fiesta 2011 midel titanium 

When i was press aux or bluetooth it come to radio or mute 

What i can do ?

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...

Any ideas on how to solve this? I have a 2010 Fiesta Titanium which has bluetooth and it had all been working fine, however I’ve just had to replace the battery and now the phone/Bluetooth no longer work, the phone option just says Mute and I can’t select the bluetooth on my phone. Can anyone help with this, please?

• 4 months later...
On 10/6/2020 at 10:39 AM, FiestaPhillip said:

Any ideas on how to solve this? I have a 2010 Fiesta Titanium which has bluetooth and it had all been working fine, however I’ve just had to replace the battery and now the phone/Bluetooth no longer work, the phone option just says Mute and I can’t select the bluetooth on my phone. Can anyone help with this, please?

Hi the same thing happened to me, did you find a solution? 

8 hours ago, Beckynnnnnnn said:

Hi the same thing happened to me, did you find a solution? 

Usually its just a case of a dead bluetooth module.

• 5 months later...
On 9/19/2018 at 4:17 PM, StWou7 said:

Yes, it certainly sounds like no bluetooth (i had a 2009 Titanium with no bluetooth....i assume at that time it was an option that wasn't selected by the original owner) the phone button is simply muting what ever is playing on the stereo.

If you have an iPhone i was simply using voice activated Siri to dial with the phone plugged into the AUX output (Calls went via the speakers) i had to shout a little louder so the person at the other end could hear but it worked for my short "Im on the way" kind of calls.

Obviously you cant answer calls as you cant hold/touch your phone at all whilst driving so admittedly its quite a drawback.

But I do have bluetooth in my car and it is switched on

12 minutes ago, Stephen Taylor said:

But I do have Bluetooth in my car and it is switched on

Congratulations 👍

1 minute ago, unofix said:

Congratulations 👍not helpful

I have the same problem, but my bluetooth is switched on in my car

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Stephen Taylor said:

I have the same problem, but my Bluetooth is switched on in my car

Like I said above, probably a dead/faulty module

• 1 year later...
On 7/26/2019 at 11:30 PM, max111 said:

i have the same problem but the blutooth and usb and line in, voice command button and interior light thingy are fitted and i have checked the fuses tried replacing the module aaaaaaaarrrrrrrhhhh still dont work ...... anybody any ideas???

Same for me!!! Escavar same did you fix it? And how please tell me😑😩

• Confused 1

On 7/26/2019 at 11:30 PM, max111 said:

Same here!!! Eaxactly the same, was you able to fix it? And how please help me if you know!🙏😩

Just now, benny_balau said:

Same here!!! Eaxactly the same, was you able to fix it? And how please help me if you know!🙏😩

B0562575-3354-456D-99B9-419873195626.jpeg

On 11/6/2022 at 9:29 PM, benny_balau said:

Hi, i had the same problem and you can upgrade your whole stereo or get one Fm transmitter and that solve the problem if didn't massage me i can it sorted for u

• Confused 1

• 10 months later...
On 5/11/2019 at 1:03 PM, Luke4efc said:

It's not a problem with the stereo as such, it's just you don't have Bluetooth fitted.