Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Mournful Moan

Linds

I have a 2015 registered, Mark 3.5, 1.5 TDCI Titanium with about 56,000 on the clock.  The car has been a delight to own and drive - I love it.

However about a couple of weeks ago I found myself in a slow moving traffic jam.  With long waits between short, slow movements forward, whenever I came to a halt I put the gears into neutral and let the engine auto switch off.  Every time I engaged 1st gear and gently let the clutch in the car emitted a (sometimes long) mournful moan (no other way to describe it!) - I seemed to feel a (very) slight vibration through the clutch pedal.

Once I got going the noise stopped and only came back v occasionally.  Took the car to my dealer who could not get it to replicate the noise ... he said it sounded as though it was something to do with the clutch, but commented that the clutch felt fine to him.  All he could say was that I should let him know if it happens again.

Today on approaching a roundabout I changed down from 3rd to 2nd and, again, on letting the clutch in I got the same mournful noise.  Having got past the roundabout, with no traffic about, I came back down the gears and, again, got the noise.  Doing it a third time, nothing.

Be most grateful if anyone could give me a clue as to what the problem might be? 

Sounds like clutch whoop, lots of Mk3 clutches were changed under warranty for this, I didn't know it still affected the mk3.5 as well though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Sounds like clutch whoop, lots of Mk3 clutches were changed under warranty for this, I didn't know it still affected the mk3.5 as well though.

Thanks, Tom.  I'll have a word with my dealer about this.

• 2 months later...

Still can't get to the bottom of this ... hear is a sound recording, though on the video the volume of the sound is a fraction of what it sounds like when in the car.  Grateful for any thoughts.

• 2 years later...

12 hours ago, David1441 said:

Mine doing the same mate did you ever get to the bottom of it 

Nope ... never did.  I can say the mournful moan occurrences became fewer and fewer and I recall stopped completely when the car got to between 70,000 and 80,000 miles. Have now sold it with over 90,000 on the clock.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club