Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

LED Bulbs H7

cem1965

Hi can anyone please tell me if i can fit LED H7 bulbs in a standard reflector focus 2010 headlight the led's with the fans, or do i need some sort of adapter and with the wires connect straight to stock wiring. Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The answer to your question is yes, they will fit plug and play. You may need slightly larger rubber boots to seal the unit once the fan is on the back though. If there is even the smallest gap then you will get water ingress and condensation in the lamp housing.

That said I would implore you not to do it. The beam pattern will be truly horrendous and dangerous to oncoming vehicles. You should never put HID or LED into a reflector housing. It will undoubtedly fail an MOT and probably attract unwanted attention from the police.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply jonro2009, they will fit in the housing but i can't find out how to secure them, any ideas please.

Have you tried turning the bulb when you put it in? Make sure not to put too much pressure when turning them just to be sure it's the bulbs themselves that don't clip in. 

Have you tried and failed or just don’t think they will secure? There should be the retainer clip and I’m pretty sure you can actually buy modified ones too

Thanks all for your replies, I don't think they will fit as there is no clips that will fit around the size of the bulbs, the original h7 bulbs have a black plastic clip as seen in the image below that slides on from the top.

Thanks

fitting_philips_xtreme_bulbs_08.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club