Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Sony Radio For The Mk7

Tyrefryer

It does look sexy, but wondering about the integrated vents on the original. Would the Sony come with new pieces or would one actually have to cut?

As someone else mentioned, ther screen looks to be updated as well...tied to the Sony HU or a possible ECU update?

• 3 months later...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul_S

• Strutter

• Dave_M

• ashrobinson

Well from what I can understand from the website.. it is an Option so not standard on any model, and is 950Euro so about £780!! which if correct is far too steep surely!!??

Sony radio standard on all titanium models built after 21st June in uk and option on zetec and zetecS

It's all subjective though. I'm not a fan of Piano Gloss Black and the rest of the interior would need the trim doing similar or else it would just look like an aftermarket kit and there's nothing worse imo, than aftermarket stuff in an interior. I actually prefer the one I have than the new one. Piano Gloss Black is a pain to keep clean and scratch free.

I agree with you. <_<

i want it. do you think its going to be ridiculous to get the dealer to fit it after as i already own a fiesta. or do you think would be able to buy it myself and fit etc

• 2 weeks later...

i spoke to Trevor at Ford Parts uk,

he said the price is £240 + VAT but no details on whether its available to retrofit. All stock is currently being used for new cars aswell, so would be on backorder.

Seems like we have to wait,

Ash

Do we have any better details about the unit. Think I would do for this, as surly they can retro fit it. But would want to know if it has a colour screen, and better connectivity with my iPod, it's ridiculous that you only have up and down to scroll thru hundreds of albums.

Also nice to see that the Eibach lowering springs are now a dealer-fit accessory in the German brochure and on the ford.de website. Also listed is the Pioneer speaker upgrade.

it would be nice to have any of these blooming options in Britain! :(

:blink: Try being in Ireland mate we can’t even get the 1.6TDI or a 3 Door Titanium, just the 1.4 TDI and 5 door Titanium.

Hi

I've just been reading about the New Sony Radio for the Mk 7 Fiesta and I would to know if this new unit will be fitted to my Fiesta which was ordered for factory build this week?

I am waiting for the order paperwork to arrive at my home address and I'll sign one copy and send it back to my local Ford dealer. I would like to think that as I have just placed the order for estimated delivery on 15th September 2010, my car will be fitted with the very latest 'spec', including the New Sony Radio, when I take delivery of it.

Am I right to expect this?

Regards

Dave_M

i spoke to Trevor at Ford Parts uk,

he said the price is £240 + VAT but no details on whether its available to retrofit. All stock is currently being used for new cars aswell, so would be on backorder.

Seems like we have to wait,

Ash

Hi Ash

I'm very interested in your post and as you will see below, I've replied to the main thread but I'd like to know if you can find out from your mate at Ford Parts UK, if the Fiesta Zetec 1.25 I've ordered for September delivery will have this new radio and any other updates for the September release of the Fiesta?

I am a bit concerned because the salesman told me that the car i was ordering was a 2010.5 model and having just seen the new Sony Radio being fitted from June 2010 onwards and the URL below showing details of "New 2011 Fiesta revealed" and onsale in Summer 2010.

http://www.motorward.com/2009/12/2011-ford-fiesta-revealed/

I was happy with my order until I read these threads and I'm not going to own a Fiesta that is out of date before I even take delivery of it. So, unless I'm assured that I will be getting a 2011 Fiesta, we will have to get around the table again.

By the way, where is the Fiesta built?

Regards

Dave_M

To get this new Sony radio, you need to have a Titanium built from last week. Its also a cost option on all but the basic car. But this is around £300 extra. So to answer your question, no you wont be getting this sony radio.

Also, that link is NOT the euro fiesta being updated. That is the Amercian Fiesta due for release in 2011

To get this new Sony radio, you need to have a Titanium built from last week. Its also a cost option on all but the basic car. But this is around £300 extra. So to answer your question, no you wont be getting this sony radio.

Also, that link is NOT the euro fiesta being updated. That is the Amercian Fiesta due for release in 2011

Hi

Many thanks for your reply.

The new sony radio is just a small part of my concern but, I would not mind paying around £300 extra to get it as an option whilst I was ordering the car. I am more concerned about the fact that a new 2011 Fiesta is due to be released around Summer 2010 but, you seem to be saying that this release will be for the American market?

The Fiesta Zetec that I have ordered has not been built yet, so it is likely to be to the specification listed on the Ford UK website?

Also, in his reply above, 'ashrobinson' states that all stocks of the new sony radio is being used for new cars but he does not make it clear if that is cars in the USA or Europe?

If true, then when can we expect the 2011 Fiesta to appear in Europe and the UK?

All I am trying to do is ensure that the new Fiesta I am buying for September delivery, has the latest 'spec' available and that a new and updated version does not appear in the UK a few weeks later. If the new and updated Fiesta is due very soon, then I don't mind waiting a few more weeks to get it.

Thanks

Dave_M

We might see a face lift come out in 2/3 years time. But seeing as the current Fiesta still looks fresh and brand new, i can't see Ford changing the looks any time soon. The "4 door" fiesta (one with a boot) in the pictures will never make it to the UK market.

Take a look on the Amercian Ford site, it should tell you more there http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fiesta/

Best person to ask mate would be the salesman who sold you the car.

As above im pretty sure its standard on the new titanium builds only.

Ford Parts dont seem to know if its able to retrofit or anything, as they cant get hold of any stock to test i would think.

Just gonna have to play the waiting game...

Ash

We might see a face lift come out in 2/3 years time. But seeing as the current Fiesta still looks fresh and brand new, i can't see Ford changing the looks any time soon.

Hmmmm, we'll almost have an all new Fiesta by then! We'll see a face lifted Fiesta launch next year. As part of the One Ford philosophy model cycles will be roughly six years, and facelifts will be every two to three years. Considering the Fiesta still looks awesome three years on, I'm not expecting massive changes, but there will be a facelift next year. I'm betting on the cabrio Fiesta, ST Fiesta (Ford keep saying no, Ford insiders keep saying yes) and face lifted model to be shown around mid year next year.

As for the look of this unit, it's great. I think by having this however you'd loose some of the ease of use of the current unit, especially when it comes to manually dialing numbers.

Picked up my new Fiesta Titanium today - built 26 June - and it has the new Stereo

Pics to follow

P

Picked up my new Fiesta Titanium today - built 26 June - and it has the new Stereo

Pics to follow

P

As promised

35080_10150220153265332_844615331_13280102_2849054_n.jpg

Pics to follow

P

:o Did you request a higher model of stereo or did it come as standard on the titanium model, hoping to purchase a 5door titanium in January.

Just came as standard - I was not expecting it !

BONUS :D

Just came as standard - I was not expecting it !

BONUS :D

Excellent mate I’m sure it sounds mint too, fair play B)

I love the look of that radio! Can't wait to get my Titanium in September :D One question, the screen for the radio is it colour or black n white?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club