Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Autofold Mirror Issue

Manfromuncles

Hi all , I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have just purchased a used 2013 1.0 Zetec S Ecoboost. I'm just feeling my way around the car at the moment but one of the first things I have come across is the driver's wing mirror will not autofold either on locking or when the button is manually pressed. The passenger mirror autofolds but only manually not on locking. All other mirror functions work, tilting etc. but not the autofold. 

Is this likely to be a fuse issue? I can't find the appropriate fuse in the manual for the mirrors and aside from going through each and every fuse to check I was hoping someone might have a clue.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Manfromuncles said:

Hi all , I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have just purchased a used 2013 1.0 Zetec S Ecoboost. I'm just feeling my way around the car at the moment but one of the first things I have come across is the driver's wing mirror will not autofold either on locking or when the button is manually pressed. The passenger mirror autofolds but only manually not on locking. All other mirror functions work, tilting etc. but not the autofold. 

Is this likely to be a fuse issue? I can't find the appropriate fuse in the manual for the mirrors and aside from going through each and every fuse to check I was hoping someone might have a clue.

Thanks in advance.

Hi are you sure that your car comes with power folding mirrors. The Zetec and Zetec S didn’t come with them unless it was an option. One way to find out if it has is to see if your car has parking sensors as they come as part of a pack.

He says the passenger mirror folds so would hope the car does have the option, it's not uncommon to have the city pack on a Zetec S.

The mirror motor is probably faulty tbh, both sides are on the same fuse so it won't be that.  Is there any damage on the mirror that might indicate it's had a knock in the past?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

He says the passenger mirror folds so would hope the car does have the option, it's not uncommon to have the city pack on a Zetec S.

The mirror motor is probably faulty tbh, both sides are on the same fuse so it won't be that.  Is there any damage on the mirror that might indicate it's had a knock in the past?

Thanks TomsFocus, No there is no visible damage to the mirror at all but then it is a used car. If the motor is faulty then I'll just live with it for a while. I just wondered if they were on separate fuses but as you've pointed out, this seems unlikely. I spoke to Ford who recommended popping in to the local dealership but as we all know, that usually means expensive diagnostics. Hardly seems worth it. I might get it checked on next service or something.

• Like 1

I have a problem similar to yours,

I've recently bought a 2014 Titanium x and the O/S mirror doesn't fold automatically.

So far, I've worked out that the mirror is an aftermarket one and thats the reason why it dosent fold automatically, but it folds when I press the button on the mirror control.

Maybe your mirror was replaced too? I know the wiring for them are different depending on the spec (heated, puddle lamps etc) and it may be that the replacement simply dosen't have the correct harness.

Hopefully this helps.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andrew- said:

I have a problem similar to yours,

I've recently bought a 2014 Titanium x and the O/S mirror doesn't fold automatically.

So far, I've worked out that the mirror is an aftermarket one and thats the reason why it dosent fold automatically, but it folds when I press the button on the mirror control.

Maybe your mirror was replaced too? I know the wiring for them are different depending on the spec (heated, puddle lamps etc) and it may be that the replacement simply dosen't have the correct harness.

Hopefully this helps.

Hi. After a closer examination last night, I noticed that there was no puddle lamp on the driver's side. So I had a good look at the mirror and realised this must have been a replacement as there is no lamp on it. So it probably has been damaged and replaced with the incorrect, non-power fold. I guess I either live with it or try to find a replacement at some point.

Thanks again for all your comments.

Hi all,drivers side wing mirror on a 14 plate Fiesta Titanium X ripped off(remote power folding,puddle light)Ford wanted a ridiculous amount to replace it so ordered an after market one of the same spec(remote folding,puddle light)I noticed that when I was waiting for the replacement mirror that the passenger side mirror still folded by remote locking but now I have had the after market drivers side fitted neither mirrors fold by remote locking but fold when using the button in the cabin.

I was careful to make sure I purchased a like for like mirror,is the problem that it’s a non- genuine replacement or is something else?

On 9/22/2018 at 7:13 AM, Security66 said:

Hi all,drivers side wing mirror on a 14 plate Fiesta Titanium X ripped off(remote power folding,puddle light)Ford wanted a ridiculous amount to replace it so ordered an after market one of the same spec(remote folding,puddle light)I noticed that when I was waiting for the replacement mirror that the passenger side mirror still folded by remote locking but now I have had the after market drivers side fitted neither mirrors fold by remote locking but fold when using the button in the cabin.

I was careful to make sure I purchased a like for like mirror,is the problem that it’s a non- genuine replacement or is something else?

Hmm, that's something for me to be aware of then. I really don't want to waste £80+ on an aftermarket if it's not going to work either. Perhaps someone else may have a clue as to why this would happen.

I just bought a mirror from a guy breaking a Fiesta for £60. Just waiting for it to arrive to see if it's going to work and will let you know.

Still waiting for my mirror to turn up after Yodel managed to lose it in their depot. Should be arriving today

Update: The mirror arrived and has been installed. Now working perfectly. So the answer is either find a genuine Ford part from a breaker or from Ford. I'd go with the breaker due to cost. Fitting it is straightforward as long as you have a decent socket set with fairly long sockets (mine was too shallow and wouldn't reach the nut because of the length of the mirror bolt) and Torx screwdriver.

Thanks everyone for all your comments and advice.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club