Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What engine type in my mk4 mondeo

MissCD

Hoping someone can help me. I have a 57plate mondeo zetec 1.6 petrol. I am needing to know what the exact engine type is fitted in my car, and also what other Ford models have the same engine any help would be much appreciated. 

2 hours ago, MissCD said:

Hoping someone can help me. I have a 57plate mondeo zetec 1.6 petrol. I am needing to know what the exact engine type is fitted in my car, and also what other Ford models have the same engine any help would be much appreciated. 

If you register (free) as an "IO" at Ford Etis you can put your VRM into the site and it's give you a very detailed breakdown as to the individual hardware specs for your car, this should include the rated power output from the engine in "PS" units.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your help this is what the site said after I input my vin no. Could someone tell me what over models this engine was also in. I need a new engine in my car and 1.6petrol mondeo seem very uncommon so was hoping that this engine was used in another Ford model. Thanks for any help you can give me 

sketch-1538398048012.png

49 minutes ago, MissCD said:

Thank you for your help this is what the site said after I input my vin no. Could someone tell me what over models this engine was also in. I need a new engine in my car and 1.6petrol mondeo seem very uncommon so was hoping that this engine was used in another Ford model. Thanks for any help you can give me 

sketch-1538398048012.png

No worries.  The MK7 Fiesta and MK2 Focus had a variant of this engine (same power output etc) but I don't know if there were exactly the same of it some tweaks were made.  @iantt @JW1982 will likely be along fairly soon and hopefully able to confirm the 1.6 VCT engine used in the Fiesta and Focus is the exactly the same as the one used in the MK4 Mondeo.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I replaced engine of mondeo mk4 1.6 petrol with engine from focus mk2 with kode HXDA and after 11.000 km all  work good, maybe on 5th gear it is little bit slower but not so big think.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club