Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Corsa help anyone??

Jordan99

Hi all, I know this is not a Ford but I do have one I promise! 

I recently got my mrs a 2010 Corsa 1.0 ecotech with 52000 miles on the clock. 

I brought the car with a misfire, sorted that no problem. 

But there is a ticking noise there too. Doesn’t sound like anything back. Maybe like a relay ticking? 

Mot sounds like it’s coming from the thingy sat dead centre of the engine (pipe from airbox joins onto it) 

i have raised YouTube but can’t find any noise remotely similar to mine  

I do have a video but I can’t upload it! 

Many help is greatly appreciated! 

With no picture of the 'thingy' or a video we don't have much to go on... :laugh: 

I'll guess it's the purge valve if it's an occasional tick.  If it's constant then possibly an injector.  Small petrol engines do seem to be quite ticky though, so it may not be anything at all.

a corsa and a ticking noise.. timing chain by any chance :lol: done a few of them now lol

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

With no picture of the 'thingy' or a video we don't have much to go on... :laugh: 

I'll guess it's the purge valve if it's an occasional tick.  If it's constant then possibly an injector.  Small petrol engines do seem to be quite ticky though, so it may not be anything at all.

Great description I know 😂😂 I do have a video but it won’t let me upload it. I’ll upload a photo now. The ‘thingy’ is that thing with the big air pipe going to it 

2ABC3A29-DEF7-4E41-A343-A41783D060D3.png

That's the throttle body.   I reckon the sound is coming from somewhere else and just appears to be from there though.

Any ideas where? The car runs smooth & sounds fine apart from the ticking sound 

Can you upload the video to YouTube and then link it here?  Need to hear the frequency of the tick really, I've already given my best suggestions in the post above.

I've seen a few corsas with the tappets/hydraulic lifters broken. That's certainly gives a ticking noise.

Son had a Corsa for a while, very 'tappety' engine sound to it. 

When he sold it the guy buying it had the bonnet open and commented on the sound. Son closed the bonnet and said "There you go, you can't hear it now!" 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Does the tapping sound go when it's warmed up. I'm thinking the tappets but that's mainly because you said tapping sound. My Peugeot 107 used to make a tapping sound whilst cold and I think with that 1 litre engine it had you had to adjust them manually. I had the car for 2 years without touching the tappets (and booting it whilst it was a little warm) and had no problems I could think of which could relate to that. 

right guys, I’ve got a video on YouTube; 

ignore the sound of the engine, it’s not that loud in person haha 

I might be wrong here but that tick every now and then and the engine dips sound like electrical like a lead broke and making a spark on something.

I might be wrong but just thought i would mention it.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for such a late update! Car had now been sold to a “mechanic”. He said the tapping noise was the coil pack! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club