Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Part number for rain sensor cover

Gitfinger

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew or could find the part number for the internal plastic windscreen rain sensor cover on a mk3.5 titanium and also how to remove it?

I've searched everywhere but can't find any reference to one, apart from a post on this forum about fitting a dash cam. The only rain sensor cover I could find was off a Mk3 but it is a different design so is too small.

Cheers

14 hours ago, Gitfinger said:

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew or could find the part number for the internal plastic windscreen rain sensor cover on a mk3.5 titanium and also how to remove it?

I've searched everywhere but can't find any reference to one, apart from a post on this forum about fitting a dash cam. The only rain sensor cover I could find was off a Mk3 but it is a different design so is too small.

Cheers

Hi Neil,

Try https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/

• Like 1

I thought the rain sensor cover, which links to the bit around the rear view mirror, was in two parts, and was common MK3 and MK3.5?

I think the difference may come if you have the city stop system or similar vs not having that system: the right most option is for low speed safety system.

My car doesnt have this (ST-3) so  I have middle option.

image.png.d5ccede86add331e068c15b11ce8f91b.png

Thanks for the replies and help, it's much appreciated. 🖕

It's the one on the right of the diagram, I didn't realise it was in two parts. I thought it was one whole piece with an access bit in the middle! The reason I am after one is I want to try and modify it so that a dash cam can be mounted in / through it, as the size of it restricts the coverage of the dash cam when it's mounted of the windscreen. I suppose with it being in two parts it might work out cheaper, unless it comes as a pair? Whether my project will work or not is another question!

Cheers

46 minutes ago, Gitfinger said:

The reason I am after one is I want to try and modify it so that a dash cam can be mounted in / through it, as the size of it restricts the coverage of the dash cam when it's mounted of the windscreen.

Isn't the windscreen glass blacked out behind the sensor cover (apart from small openings for the built in sensors)?

Oh b@!!@x, you may have spotted a flaw in my plan!

• Haha 1

Best option is to have the camera as recessed in to the cover as you can, but still have the lens on outside, some people use a Mobius cam, and have a remote lens, but the body of camera inside the housing, so all that's on outside is a tiny little lens at around 1cm cubed volume. 

I've got a Mobius cam and have seen the post on this forum showing the fitment with the extended lens, which looks good but I didn't really want to fit an extended lens to the cam in case I messed it up and broke it. However, now that my cunning plan has fallen flat on it's face I have 3 options, stick with a quarter of the view blocked out, move the camera further down the windscreen, which will make it stand out like a sore thumb or bite the bullet and get the extended lens....

It's just attached to the windscreen on the passenger side, about halfway down the length of the sensor cover. I've attached a still from it, maybe a eighth not a quarter of the view blocked out, notice the great parking!

1700934909_mobiusview.thumb.jpg.2a2acb5ccf681496daff20a72880003c.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club