Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should I get a superchips remap for my Fiesta

BJT

Hi 

I am wandering if I should remap my Fiesta 1.0 100ps . I have seen that bluefin superchips will remap to about 140hp. As Ford already sell a 140 hp version I would think that the engine will be able to take it. Also if I was to get it remapped would it be an idea to upgrade the cooling?

Thanks

I can't comment on whether the remap you asking about is worthwhile or not. However a few things to consider...

I seem to remember reading the Ford 140 engine had a different turbo and head gasket to the 100 and 125 variants.

Also the gear ratios on the 100 and 125 variants are much longer than the ratios on the 140 bhp version.

So even if you did upgrade your 100 to 140 it may not have the same acceleration as the ford offering due to the gearing.

Ok thanks for the points my main concern was whether the engine will be able to take the increase in hp so I will look into the differences of the engines. as for it not being as quick as a real 140ps I don't mind even an extra 20hp will make the car feel a bit different.

Bluefin 140bhp  remap on my focus 100ps ecoboost. It's been on for Just under 4yrs,  now on 67k and no issues. 

• Like 2

On 9/26/2018 at 6:00 PM, iantt said:

Bluefin 140bhp  remap on my focus 100ps ecoboost. It's been on for Just under 4yrs,  now on 67k and no issues. 

Great Thank you that is reassuring 

I have bluefin on my 123bhp, so now apparently 154bhp. 

Seems to be all good so far, only been on about 3/4 months tho... transformed the car. 2nd and 3rd gear are wonderful. 

On 9/25/2018 at 11:25 AM, BJT said:

Hi 

I am wandering if I should remap my Fiesta 1.0 100ps . I have seen that bluefin superchips will remap to about 140hp. As Ford already sell a 140 hp version I would think that the engine will be able to take it. Also if I was to get it remapped would it be an idea to upgrade the cooling?

Thanks

I have the 125 version and used Bluefin to take it to 150 and its been fine for over 40,000 miles now with some towing  also. The only thing I would give though to its a larger inter cooler as the standard one is quite strained with the extra airflow / boost. I done some testing and found my intake temps were around 45 to 50 Deg C on a 20 Deg C day although that temp was taken going through 1st 2nd and 3rd gear flat out. The map really does help in the lower gears as it removes the restrictions put in on the Ford map. 

the 140 factory fiesta uses the same intercooler as 100 and 125 without any issues.

• Like 1

You wouldn't know unless you went to the trouble of fitting a air temp sensor into the intake which most owners just wouldn't ever do.

I get your point but that is a Ford map you are referring to and it would be optimised to a much higher standard than a aftermarket map which makes more top end power and more torque lower down which would have a impact on intake temps.

you can monitor intake temps via the mapt sensor im sure

im sure the mapt sensor on my focus gets the pcm to  switch on the intercooler fan (fiesta doesnt have)above a certain threshhold. 

7 hours ago, iantt said:

im sure the mapt sensor on my focus gets the pcm to  switch on the intercooler fan (fiesta doesnt have)above a certain threshhold. 

The auto Fiesta’s have it and with a little modification it can even be fitted to the Mountune intercooler. 

Intake temp is accessible via OBD2 port. 

D780DF8A-2F8A-446A-A255-772846F38513.jpeg

9308784D-9E56-4723-816D-84032BA7DF57.jpeg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club