Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stolen Plates?

TomsFocus

Anyone had a set of plates stolen from a SORN Mk6 with no MOT?  Just seen on FB, what a fail...  Also, that's a Morrisons station...why not go for some decent stuff if you're not paying for it!? :laugh: 

Image may contain: outdoor

• Like 1

Priceless!

did you give the photo/details to the local police? It could be used in house burglary and any lead is good one 🤷‍♂️ 

Lol at least they got the driver in the picture. Stuff like this probably will rise in London when the emissions charge comes. At least make it more appealing for people by making petrols cheap to run. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It's not my picture, saw it on Facebook, but yes it has been reported!

I wasn’t suggesting you didn’t, just curious. How did he not notice when he opened the rear door lol

10 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I wasn’t suggesting you didn’t, just curious. How did he not notice when he opened the rear door lol

Guessing he's not the sharpest tool in the box tbh…  I mean if I was nicking fuel with a 60 plate white transit I'd nick a set of plates from a similar 60 plate white transit with tax and MOT for a start. :laugh: 

Then I'd screw them on so there's no chance of this...  Would've been interesting to see how he reacted to it when he put the fuel can in the back though...he must have noticed at that point surely!  But it's a bit late to try and refit it in front of the other cars by then lol.

Its been floating around Faceache for a few days now.  The NL60 UDH plate underneath comes up all legit.

• Like 1

Garage anpr cameras tend to only face the front so the garage wouldn't have pinged it anyway.
This offence is on the increase unfortunately, amazing how many ringers we stop now.
Problem is that once the vrn is on the system it's invariably the innocent legitimate keeper that gets pulled over time and again.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

24 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Garage anpr cameras tend to only face the front so the garage wouldn't have pinged it anyway.
This offence is on the increase unfortunately, amazing how many ringers we stop now.
Problem is that once the vrn is on the system it's invariably the innocent legitimate keeper that gets pulled over time and again.

It fascinates me that it's possible to get away with it. With the number of ANPR systems about you'd expect with today's tech that:

1. Plate detected impossibly far away from last detection = flagged

2. Plate listed as SORN = flagged

3. Plate registered to different colour of vehicle = flagged

Etc. But, it seems the above is overly optimistic. 

I've heard of "bond style" plate maskers, but still it's bizarre that so many people can get away with it given how capable technology should be today. 

Apart from location tagging the units mounted in patrol cars have access to everything held by DVLA and PNC.
SORN / uninsured vehicles and any crimes linked to vrn or registered keepers will flag up.

• Like 1

It would be good to have some form of RFID tags for cars so that even if a number plate is cloned/obscured, an RFID tag could still be scanned and ID a vehicle while moving. I would imagine that something along the lines of a toll charge tag being made standard across all vehicles in the future would help to reduce the dependency on a bit of plastic that can be so easily tampered with.

2 hours ago, Zico said:

It would be good to have some form of RFID tags for cars so that even if a number plate is cloned/obscured, an RFID tag could still be scanned and ID a vehicle while moving. I would imagine that something along the lines of a toll charge tag being made standard across all vehicles in the future would help to reduce the dependency on a bit of plastic that can be so easily tampered with.

Wouldn't fix the problem unfortunately. People would rip out the tag or mask it with a Faraday cage type device. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club