Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 2001 Mondeo 2.0 Td Versus 2003 2.0Tdci

amphead123

I am currently looking at buying a mondeo diesel and have two in mind at the moment.

The first is a 2001 2.0 td ghia x with 150,000 on the clock in good condition, with recently replaced clutch. the other is a 2003 2.0 tdci 115bhp zetec with 60,000 on the clock. Both of them drive really nicely, and are almost the same price. Ive read in places that the 2.0 td is less refined, but generally tougher and cheaper to fix, with the 2.0 tdci being quieter but a bit of a headache when things go wrong...

can anyone give me any tips or benefits of experience please...?

ta.

i agree the only thing that dissappoints me however with the tdci is the fact that they seem to have reverted to heater plugs particularly with the engine which has a timming chain like mine

i agree the only thing that dissappoints me however with the tdci is the fact that they seem to have reverted to heater plugs particularly with the engine which has a timming chain like mine

ive been told that the fuel injectors on the tdci are prone to failing and cost £250 each as opposed to £50 each for the td... There doesnt seem to be any difference between them when it comes to performance and economy either.

u can shop round and get them pretty much as cheap if u spend enough time on the net. only probs ive had with the tdci was cleaning the egr which thanks to this site was easy to do myself and free. front discs giving slight wobble on braking so they will need changing soon which is slightly dissapointing at only 65k. atleast i can fit them myself