Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Apple iOS 12

NikonNutter
聽Share

I'm assuming anyone with an iPhone that has updated to iOS12 this last week is aware you now have Google Maps on CarPlay

If not then go play聽馃槈

Pretty sure you allways did have had if you installed google maps on your phone could be wrong though i hate carplay

9 hours ago, pragmatix said:

Pretty sure you allways did have had if you installed google maps on your phone could be wrong though i hate carplay

Nope - it has only just been added.

I find CarPlay works really well for playing music, dealing with messages and navigation...now improved with more mapping options.

9 hours ago, robs92 said:

Think I read somewhere that Google maps were added for iOS in 2013

It was added to the iPhone years ago but this is about using it in our cars - if you have the (September 17th) release of iOS 12 and the latest version of Google Maps it is now fully integrated into CarPlay.

Interestingly i tried to use google maps 聽its there in apple play but doesnt work cause the phone to crash, thats an iPhone 6s 256gb latest ios 12 sync 3 running latest software and maps version 7

On 9/28/2018 at 12:09 PM, pragmatix said:

Interestingly i tried to use google maps 聽its there in apple play but doesnt work cause the phone to crash, thats an iphone 6s 256gb latest ios 12 sync 3 running latest software and maps version 7

Factory reset on phone and now it all works, still dont like carplay though, cant get txt message via it and nobody i know is on whats app.

On 9/29/2018 at 1:05 PM, pragmatix said:

Factory reset on phone and now it all works, still dont like carplay though, cant get txt message via it and nobody i know is on whats app.

iMessage works flawlessly on my Sync3.聽

Steering wheel button fires up Siri instantly or when a message comes in you can voice control it or just tap the header that pops up on the screen. It鈥檚 much faster and more fluid聽than when the phone is syncing via BT.聽

23 hours ago, Black Pearl said:

iMessage works flawlessly on my Sync3.聽

Steering wheel button fires up Siri instantly or when a message comes in you can voice control it or just tap the header that pops up on the screen. It鈥檚 much faster and more fluid聽than when the phone is syncing via BT.聽

Never managed any of that, which sterring wheel button? Ive never used siri it doesn't understand my accent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 2:59 PM, pragmatix said:

Never managed any of that, which sterring wheel button? Ive never used siri it doesn't understand my accent.

Sorry, just spotted this.

When the phone is connected by usb the voice button on the steering while activates聽Siri with a quick prod, if you鈥檙e connected via BT it needs to be held for few seconds.聽

From memory you need to grant access to messages when you first sync an iPhone so it might be worth deleting it from the car and doing a fresh connect.聽

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Black Pearl said:

Sorry, just spotted this.

When the phone is connected by usb the voice button on the steering while activates聽Siri with a quick prod, if you鈥檙e connected via BT it needs to be held for few seconds.聽

From memory you need to grant access to messages when you first sync an iPhone so it might be worth deleting it from the car and doing a fresh connect.聽

Thanks ill give it a go.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club