Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

VPN Protection.....Do you use one.

jace1969

I don't and have full Kaspersky set up but the free one included is a complete waste of time as one big problem,Auto connect to the Virtual Server of its choice which i don't want stuff in German as that's the one it connects to,turning off Auto is not an option unless you pay £20 a year and not rated that good so i wont be doing that.

Does anyone use one.

For anti-Malware I use Malware-bytes (premium) and anti-virus just the built in Windows defender.

I've used quite a few VPN's in recent times and currently trying Private Internet Access (PIA). Got a permanent VPN after the government announced that ISP's would keep a history log of your internet usage for 2 years. That log will show I visit 1 website now lol. Before that I used windscribe for torrent sites etc.

VPN's are actually more than just privacy. Sometimes they pay for themselves as I can usually find boxing streams. They're not illegal ones, but usually streamed on Showtime's official YouTube page which is only available in the US as it's not a box office event over there.

When booking flights etc. if you set your country to one not the same as the departing or arriving country then you can often get them cheaper.

Free VPNs are ok for stuff like this, but wouldn't go near them if you want real privacy or a non-throttled internet connection.

38 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

For anti-Malware I use Malware-bytes (premium) and anti-virus just the built in Windows defender.

I've used quite a few VPN's in recent times and currently trying Private Internet Access (PIA). Got a permanent VPN after the government announced that ISP's would keep a history log of your internet usage for 2 years. That log will show I visit 1 website now lol. Before that I used windscribe for torrent sites etc.

VPN's are actually more than just privacy. Sometimes they pay for themselves as I can usually find boxing streams. They're not illegal ones, but usually streamed on Showtime's official YouTube page which is only available in the US as it's not a box office event over there.

When booking flights etc. if you set your country to one not the same as the departing or arriving country then you can often get them cheaper.

Free VPNs are ok for stuff like this, but wouldn't go near them if you want real privacy or a non-throttled internet connection.

To be honest i didn't know i had it free until i looked into this 'secure connection' which then i found out its there VPN but read about it and it don't cover a lot even if

you pay for it,they say one called the Bear is good and free but as you said its amazing how much is logged and kept.

As i know nothing at all how these work will i always get websites open in what place im connected to say in this case Germany.

I don't use one - my reasoning is - the majority of sites use SSL, so the only log the ISP will have is the connection to the server, and the DNS lookups. Who gives a flying toss who knows what websites I go on?

I do however use OpenVPN to connect to my NAS wherever I am (which can also then route internet traffic if I want, such as if I am on a public wifi, etc), but can then also use my internal services from anywhere (Plex!).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club