Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HORRIBLE PULL AWAY UPDATE

michaelburrows

after numerous respinses regarding the horrible pull away on my 2.0 tdci focus and a pcm update which did nothing to alleviate it a response from a member was tried out and    well its like driving a different car.  the solution tried and seems sucessfull was to go on to computers settings and turn off the hill start assist .  i was sceptical thinking this just works on hill starts anyway.  but i did it. car now seems to rev more freely   no more engine revs dieing away. works on hill starts and flat starts.   superb .  give it a try. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, michaelburrows said:

after numerous respinses regarding the horrible pull away on my 2.0 tdci focus and a pcm update which did nothing to alleviate it a response from a member was tried out and    well its like driving a different car.  the solution tried and seems sucessfull was to go on to computers settings and turn off the hill start assist .  i was sceptical thinking this just works on hill starts anyway.  but i did it. car now seems to rev more freely   no more engine revs dieing away. works on hill starts and flat starts.   superb .  give it a try. 

I had noticed that, i had trouble getting out of my drive its a bit steep and i have to stop at the top of itand trying to pull away was a bit of a nightmare sometimes the car would rev ok and sometimes not, thought thete wasomething wrong with the anti stall but was told by my dealer ( small  family business) to turn of hill assist and as i never use it, it was no loss to me car now pulls away cleanly and very time C-Max 1.5tdci

must be something wrong with fords mapping or to many sensors and switches conflicting agai st each other. anyway im as happy as larry now

cars have software.... for last 15 years software has been compiled by 3 year olds who make bloatware, the clever old gits retired

maybe this is linked to the issue that is clearly not supposed to be there

im not even sure my abs actually works. i had need to slam brakes on recently and car skidded down the road. no abs lights on dash etc. my old vw used to send pulses through brake pedal when braking hard

if that was the case the ABS light should be permanently illuminated on the dash.... does it go through the self test as you turn the key before cranking? (successful completion of this routine is now part of an MOT pass !) if you never see the orange ABS light with the key or it doesn't complete 5 or so second test something is wrong

all ABS systems give the foot massage... its there to help you realise grip levels are low (it will also flash the ABS dash light but you maybe to busy to study this).  if its working then there should be no skidding however enthusiastic braking may get screeching from tyres making you think it was skidding when it wasn't

hill start assist is totally related to the ABS/ESP system functioning correctly... its the ABS sensors letting the car know if its moving and the ESP pump putting the brakes on to stop you rolling backwards

Glad you've found something that helps.  I tried switching off the HSA on my 1.6TDCi bit it didn't solve the awful pull away on that sadly.

thats a shame. wonder y it helped mine then

Hi

I think I suggested disabling the hill start assist?

I wonder if the PCM update has also helped?

I still found mine a bit juddery at crawling speeds in the city when getting going. A symptom I think of a lightish car with quite a torquey engine that's probably best suited for the Mondeo....

Thanks,

iv no idea. but my car feels loads better. and im so gratefull for youre suggestion