Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tracker

Aaron Harris

Hi all 

been thinking about fitting a tracker to my car. Just after recommendations for either a company to fit one or to fit one my self. 

Thanks

Aaron

Get one that runs off the sim card and live online tracking,very cheap and so easy to fit,had mine for years.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-GPS-Tracker-Magnetic-Car-Vehicle-Personal-Tracking-Device-102-NANO-TK102/111201679112?hash=item19e422f708:g:nM4AAOSw9GhYej6A

These are very helpful to set it up where i had it from,mine is on hard wire from fuse box and hidden under dash as its a magnet so just stick it there and don't touch it,all

done on phone and online and it cost you nothing at all to use,the sim i topped up with £20 .....2 years ago and sill got over £5 left on it lol.(lycamobile)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

done on phone and online and it cost you nothing at all to use,the sim i topped up with £20 .....2 years ago and sill got over £5 left on it lol.(lycamobile)

Just out of interest is it mobile data that these devices use? Asking as three do a data only sim that you get 200mb free every month. That would essentially make it free as long as they kept the deal going.

Get one that runs off the sim card and live online tracking,very cheap and so easy to fit,had mine for years.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-GPS-Tracker-Magnetic-Car-Vehicle-Personal-Tracking-Device-102-NANO-TK102/111201679112?hash=item19e422f708:g:nM4AAOSw9GhYej6A
These are very helpful to set it up where i had it from,mine is on hard wire from fuse box and hidden under dash as its a magnet so just stick it there and don't touch it,all

I have had a look at them ones. What parts did you use to hard wire it in? I have seen the cables that you can piggy back off a fuse on the fuse board.

Thanks

Aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes mate its Data and being so less very rare use any like pence as im not on that network just for my Tracker,im on Vodafone but was told to get this one.

How i did mine was i got a piggy back fuse holder together with a power point socket then just found a constant live fuse put it in and attached the power point

end onto it with the u.s.b adapter into it,the power point socket had a inline fuse on it so it is double fused,the Tracker will then always be 100% charged and got a cut off

when fully charged so no over charge risk.

something like this below but there are other ones.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Auto-Cigarette-Lighter-12V-Plug-Socket-Power-Extension-Cable-Heavy-Duty-15A/172950384598?epid=2094982554&hash=item2844a56fd6:g:838AAOSw4PxZ8wEL

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Add-A-Circuit-Piggy-Back-Fuse-Tap-Standard-Blade-Fuse-Holder-ATO-12V/261563240343?hash=item3ce6624f97:g:v5oAAOSwxCxT7d4Q

Just slot a u.s.b adapter into the socket,i did mine like this as i still have the option to pull the u.s.b out and a normal power point then,hope this helps.

Just a rough guide.

5 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Just out of interest is it mobile data that these devices use? Asking as three do a data only sim that you get 200mb free every month. That would essentially make it free as long as they kept the deal going.

Trouble with that is Three's signal is awful in 'rural' areas...  I tried a Three SIM in my phone last year and it was absolutely useless around here!

Trouble with that is Three's signal is awful in 'rural' areas...  I tried a Three SIM in my phone last year and it was absolutely useless around here!

I won’t be using 3 either. I believe either EE or Vodafone are the best signal coverage from my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Up here its the best signal all depends where you live, i cant say ive had a problem anywhere ive been  using 3

Just now, pragmatix said:

Up here its the best signal all depends where you live, i cant say ive had a problem anywhere ive been  using 3

That's true, but if the car gets stolen I'd assume they're not usually kept local.  I'd want the best UK coverage for use in a tracker personally.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That's true, but if the car gets stolen I'd assume they're not usually kept local.  I'd want the best UK coverage for use in a tracker personally.

As i say ive been all over and never had a problem less black spots than o2 and EE i get signals at dog show all over the country when people im with dont 

• Like 1

On paper EE should be the best. Biggest UK network with most piggyback networks. Probably helps that it's the provider for the emergency services so has to have a very high coverage rate.

Even if you're using a piggyback provider it doesn't necessarily mean you will get the same signal. LycaMobile for example doesn't use all of the frequencies that o2 uses. They'll also throttle your speed if there is so many people using that last (festivals for example) as o2 will have preferential treatment for it's own customers.

9 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

On paper EE should be the best. Biggest UK network with most piggyback networks. Probably helps that it's the provider for the emergency services so has to have a very high coverage rate.

Even if you're using a piggyback provider it doesn't necessarily mean you will get the same signal. LycaMobile for example doesn't use all of the frequencies that o2 uses. They'll also throttle your speed if there is so many people using that last (festivals for example) as o2 will have preferential treatment for it's own customers.

Also some devices pull in a better signal than others.

Well through having this tracker for over 2 years and being in low signal areas i still pick up a good GPS signal,the sim i put in i was advised as very low cost and

i never use and never will use it for a phone,i have been on Vodafone for 10years + and on a package that you cant get now on PAYG.

And also note this...Most GPS Live tracking online gives you a free online program but only for a period of time,i pay for mine now and tracker will be taken out when it runs out.