Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Advice on ebay full refund/still got Damaged item.

jace1969

I had a cheap jump/starter/booster come last Wednesday 26/9 and badly damaged (pictures below) and have not tried it,i replied through eBay Damaged item/return/refund.

I also wrote a message with 4 pictures, no reply from seller as i did send a normal message,well twice and no reply so Resolution center it was.

2 hours after going through eBay i had a full refund and no message just eBay put up saying i have had a full refund then case closed,no advice off seller or eBay for return.

After refund i contacted seller saying thanks and shall i throw the item away as its very bad and sent Friday morning,nothing back.

What would you do as if they want it im not paying for Return and they have to collect it from my address,can i use it/try it and try and fix the cracked plastic.

20180927_134834.jpg

20180927_135022.jpg

20180927_134801.jpg

20180927_134827.jpg

Did you chose return or refund from the resolution centre?  If it was refund, they've given it to you and closed the case so it's now yours to dispose of however you wish.

Personally I'd try it, it doesn't take much to crack cheap Chinese plastic lol.  (I did reply in the don't like thread btw, but I failed to quote you and it got lost between other posts lol)

If you select Received Damaged item now you write the message and add pictures which i did like the ones on here then you press at the bottom which is

the only one to press to continue is'' Return item'' as eBay system now has all changed,i did ask for full refund on the message and they did.

All there policy says on there advert is if your item is damaged we will replace it but must go through eBay message system which i did with pictures

but i asked for refund as if another one arrives what saying that aint going to be the same and i did put that on the message.

There is no other way to report a Damaged item now only that way but they normally sent a free postage label or address etc or at least some contact.

How long would you wait or would i be in my rights to try it like 48 hours a week ??

Also reading there return policy if you didn't want the item or you ordered the wrong item they will charge you £10.48 to collect it.

Being a damaged item they would have to pay this as well as when they sent out to me being Free postage,they would be at a loss.

I'd try it now, they obviously don't want it or they'd have sent you a returns label or at the very least and address.  

As you say it would cost them too much to return a broken item that they can't risk selling to someone else.

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I'd try it now, they obviously don't want it or they'd have sent you a returns label or at the very least and address.  

As you say it would cost them too much to return a broken item that they can't risk selling to someone else.

Cheers mate for the advice,next week i will unscrew the back and glue it up and fix the compressor flap and see what goes on,i know its a cheap one but got a better and

smaller one to keep in the car.

Cheers.

21 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Cheers mate for the advice,next week i will unscrew the back and glue it up and fix the compressor flap and see what goes on,i know its a cheap one but got a better and

smaller one to keep in the car.

Cheers.

I'd make sure it works first. Bit of a pain fixing the outside if the inside is bust 😉

Pretty sure it'll be ok though. 

What was the smaller/better one you got? Always thought they'd be handy to have. Had one years ago I bought from Woolies (half the members have no idea!) but only lasted a year or so. 

I had this one a good 12 months ago when on a 'deal of the day' and its works great,started a ford van which was flat and done my car twice when i had a dead battery.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DBPOWER-18000mAh-Portable-Emergency-Flashlight/dp/B01BEZV0IA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1538320699&sr=8-5&keywords=car+booster

• Thanks 1

Cheers for that 😉

As an aside, you see what we have to put up with living off-shore? 

Free UK Delivery.......does not ship to islands!!!! 🙄

Screenshot_20180930-171258.png

I have tried and tested this and it works great,battery will last for a good 2 months if left in the car after a 100% charge,it will still have around 30% or more depending

how cold the car is,put mine in the car under back seat as warmer,great bit of kit and don't use a lot up if you start a car like 10% or a bit more.

Do not ship to Islands,that a bit of a pain.

eBay sometimes refund out of their own pocket, as do Paypal. I expect if they've got a strong relationship with a seller, and it's cheaper for them to pay themselves vs annoy the seller.

There is a scheme called "Return shipping on us / Paypal Return Shipping" which is really useful to join - Free - but if you ever need to return anything you would normally need to pay postage you just submit a form with a receipt and as long as you initially paid with paypal, within certain timeframes, and it's less than £15 postage cost, it gets refunded to you. Really useful if you want to enforce your distance selling rights on eBay.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmation was sent to me to scrap the item so i looked inside and charged it and works fine,holds charge for at least 2 weeks now so for Free its good.