Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement Service Book?

Glesgared

Anyone able to tell me how I go about getting a replacement service book?

I've had my fiesta just over a year and I've turned the house upside down trying to find my owners pack with no joy. Don't want to get it serviced without having book stamped

The actual books are only a couple of quid from Ford.  If all services have been completed at the same dealer, they should be able to fill in the previous services as well.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply. To be honest, I've no idea how many services it had or where. It only had 11000 miles when I got it. 

Is the book something that could be bought in their parts department do you think?

Should've had (or about to have) it's 4th service. Honestly though service books don't mean a great deal to me without the invoices to match. You can literally make your own service stamps online and make it look like it's been to the main dealer every year. Obviously invoices are harder to forge and not worth the effort for not much more value.

You can get Ford service books from eBay for about a fiver and generic books for couple quid less.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Should've had (or about to have) it's 4th service. Honestly though service books don't mean a great deal to me without the invoices to match. You can literally make your own service stamps online and make it look like it's been to the main dealer every year. Obviously invoices are harder to forge and not worth the effort for not much more value.

You can get Ford service books from ebay for about a fiver and generic books for couple quid less.

You are spot on,was always ford for service but i use a top garage and they do more stuff and i get my book stamped but the Receipt is the big thing saying whats been done.

You can get stamps online and other stuff is just hand written or ticks.

On 9/30/2018 at 10:32 AM, Glesgared said:

Anyone able to tell me how I go about getting a replacement service book?

I've had my fiesta just over a year and I've turned the house upside down trying to find my owners pack with no joy. Don't want to get it serviced without having book stamped

Have you had it serviced since you bought it? and did the place you bought it from definitely give you a service book?
You might be able to swing a free replacement from them.

If not they might at least be able to sell you a new one, and they might be able to give you the service history too. If you can find out where the first 3 services were done you should be able to get a new book stamped by whoever serviced it and they might be able to provide copy invoices too.

On 9/30/2018 at 4:52 PM, Luke4efc said:

You can get Ford service books from ebay for about a fiver and generic books for couple quid less.

Full service history, fake or real is quite a lot of money as opposed to no service history (a bit more for part history) when you trade a car in or sell it through we buy any car etc etc.

Never been asked for an invoice by any dealership, car buyer showing the car has "really" been serviced. I never keep invoices or receipts, they just get shredded.

When the book for the Mrs's old Ka went missing, the dealership just gave us a new one and filled in the details from their records.

Like @Mavroz says, no-one has ever shown the slightest interest in the various service/repair invoices even though they would seem to be much better evidence of work actually carried out, and less easily faked. 

Glesgared........Got to say i know they dont add a lot of value but its just piece of mind and something to show when you sell.

I should try where you got it from then go from there,when i had mine 4 years ago from ford  on 21k i was even showed invoices

of the service as they were in the folder which was great,the chap before kept a lot of stuff like i do and it does help and make that sale a bit easier.

Was it done at the Garage you had it from.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club