Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Side light bulb 510 (W5W)

wilto

Can anyone recommend a nice white set of the sidelight bulbs for a Focus MK2.5.

Don't won't to pay a fortune, nor do I want cheepy eBay led's that supply you with 10 bulbs in the hope that at least two of them work.

Thanks in advance, Chris.

Every one raves over bulbs from autobeam, they have a guarantee and good after sales If there’s a problem. Personally I think they are over priced but they have 15% off right now so may be worth a look? 

in my experience for the bulb to do its bit you need the light to go backwards not forward,

these come out a bit whiter than xenons…. reflect backwards so the reflector actually notices there's a bulb fitted, have lasted more than a year and worked on a focus mk2.5 for front sidelight (but the cars have no bulb error warning) and on a BM motorbike (front side light) that should have had a melt down but oddly hasn't (but checking the item number now I see it says error free???)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=382176764498&_sacat=0

Thanks for the advice guys, I've gone down the safe route and bought a pair of osram cool blue intense, these are what I had fitted to my car 3 year's ago. Thanks again 👍

The Osrams aren't even close to blue, they're still very yellow, I was really disappointed with them.  Phillips white vision are far whiter and brighter and fully legal with a good longevity, I've had these in both the Focus and the Golf now.

On 10/1/2018 at 1:13 AM, Jonro2009 said:

Every one raves over bulbs from autobeam, they have a guarantee and good after sales If there’s a problem. Personally I think they are over priced but they have 15% off right now so may be worth a look? 

Autobeam seems great until they add tax+shipping costs, but they replaced my sidelight bulbs at least 6 times without even asking for too much, just a short video clip on Facebook messenger sufficed for them.  

10 hours ago, Gymfocused said:

I had very similar to these in the angel eyes on the 530d, they were pretty good, I think I still have them, but no real need for them right now, as they arent much good for puddle lights. But they would be good for side lights if you need them.

Cars booked in to Halfords for MOT next Monday (it was the, by a 50 pence sponge and get a free MOT offer) so needed to get some bulbs as one is out on mine, wish I'd waited a day or two now as you guys have come up with some good suggestions 😥 nevermind

Good luck passing a free MOT...  I saw the offer but didn't want to risk it!  :unsure: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

These are what I have been using. Have them also in number plate and interior lights and they are very bright. White is out of stock ATM but the second link is the same bulbs. And they are very cheap and have lasted nearly a year now.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F161796387343

White: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232738121584

as I read on another forum.... never use bright LEDs in number plate lights it dangerous for other road users and unnecessary

seems sensible advice

I don't have that issue - ST fitted with LED for numberplate from factory 😄

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Botus said:

as I read on another forum.... never use bright LEDs in number plate lights it dangerous for other road users and unnecessary

seems sensible advice

4 minutes ago, Abbadon said:

I don't have that issue - ST fitted with LED for numberplate from factory 😄

All of the Mk3s and 3.5s use a single LED numberplate bulb lol. 

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

All of the Mk3s and 3.5s use a single LED numberplate bulb lol

True, but they are of roughly equivalent brightness to the filament bulbs. I think Botus was simply saying don't use over-bright bulbs.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 7:57 AM, wilto said:

Cars booked in to Halfords for MOT next Monday (it was the, by a 50 pence sponge and get a free MOT offer) so needed to get some bulbs as one is out on mine, wish I'd waited a day or two now as you guys have come up with some good suggestions 😥 nevermind

Got mines too bought an air freshener lol

17 hours ago, Botus said:

seems sensible advice

Why is that? They have a case that the light is projected in the correct direction and causes no glare.

43 minutes ago, mjt said:

True, but they are of roughly equivalent brightness to the filament bulbs. I think Botus was simply saying don't use over-bright bulbs.

Ah ok, good point!

16 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Got mines too bought an air freshener lol

Don't hang it off the mirror before the MOT lol...  They can fail it for items obscuring drivers vision.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mjt said:

exactly,

a dayglow back end of the car and some super fluorescent number plate isn't helping others, particularly in bad weather / fog drizzle at night in traffic

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2018 at 8:52 AM, TomsFocus said:

Good luck passing a free MOT...  I saw the offer but didn't want to risk it!  :unsure: 

Because it's free I thought I'd use it as a pre mot, don't think it has anything dangerous wrong with it, only had wishbone rubbers worn but not dangerous condition advisory last MOT, fingers crossed 🤞

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club