Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PLEASE HELP ADVICE NEEDED

Focus57

Hoping one of you great people out there can help me because I have an annoying fault which is driving me nuts!! 

Every time I hit the accelerator pedal I get this annoying squeak and it's getting louder and ***** louder!! My car is old and done a high mileage but am hoping its just something that needs lubricating am not sure!! I can't quite tell if it's the pedal or not any advice greatly appreciated and thanks for reading cheerz

Does it do it with the engine off?  Probably just needs a bit of lube on the pedal pivot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Does it do it with the engine off?  Probably just needs a bit of lube on the pedal pivot.

Hi Tom... It doesn't do it with the engine of no! I have sprayed a bit of wd40 around the pedal and it made no difference unfourtantley 

Ok, it won't be the pedal if it doesn't do it with the engine off.

Which engine do you have?  If it's a diesel, it's likely to be a boost or EGR leak.

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ok, it won't be the pedal if it doesn't do it with the engine off.

Which engine do you have?  If it's a diesel, it's likely to be a boost or EGR leak.

I got the old 1.8tdci... Egr is supposedly blanked of... Cheers Tom

The EGR blank gasket may be leaking a bit.  The main area on the 1.8TDCi for boost leaks is the solid metal boost pipe, it often cracks at the bracket.

19 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The EGR blank gasket may be leaking a bit.  The main area on the 1.8TDCi for boost leaks is the solid metal boost pipe, it often cracks at the bracket.

Ok cheers Tom