Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 TDCI Do I have an eolys tank?

Jnr_Jones

Hi All,

I've just bought an 09 plate fiesta 1.6 tdci 93bhp and am now just founding out that some ford diesels use a DPF fluid called eolys and employ a tank that adds this to the fuel to assist in the cleaning of the DPF.

My car has done 79k miles and I'm not sure if it's fitted with one of these eolys tanks or not. I've failed to find any confirmation about this via the usual google search and the https://www.etis.ford.com/fordservice/serviceScheduleForm.do does not menchion it.

I'm hoping someone here will know if my car has this or not and also if it is fitted with one should I be looking to get it refilled as I've read this should be done at certain intervals?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

• Like 1

I may have just found the answer to this myself via the forum search, is anyone else able to confirm this?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jnr_Jones said:

Hi All,

I've just bought an 09 plate fiesta 1.6 tdci 93bhp and am now just founding out that some ford diesels use a DPF fluid called eolys and employ a tank that adds this to the fuel to assist in the cleaning of the DPF.

My car has done 79k miles and I'm not sure if it's fitted with one of these eolys tanks or not. I've failed to find any confirmation about this via the usual google search and the https://www.etis.ford.com/fordservice/serviceScheduleForm.do does not menchion it.

I'm hoping someone here will know if my car has this or not and also if it is fitted with one should I be looking to get it refilled as I've read this should be done at certain intervals?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

The 2009 models were the beginning of the ceramic DPF era these didn't use eloys fluid as they were ceramic and burned at a higher temperature.

Considering your model is a 90bhp they didn't usually have a dpf as they were said to be clean enough to meet regulations at the time, to be sure though; the eloys tank will be close to the fuel tank under the car; also there would be pipes feeding from the catalyst to the back of the car if eloys was being used.

Also I'll just leave this link here: https://www.nbstyling.co.uk/product/cp3-egr-blanking-plate/ 

I've got a 1.6TDCi myself now at 287,000km still on its original turbo thanks to the assistance of the link above there although I can't be saw to promote any such doing as the rules of such are questionable however very difficult to detect on the vehicle and if there's been more than one owner in the vehicles history of ownership then it's impossible to point the finger if discovered, the only noticeable differences are increased mpg, slight increase in torque, cleaner oil, less turbo lag, prolonged turbo life 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club