Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust mid section replacement

Chris1234

Hi again,

As the wheel bearing job is underway I thought I would be all big and try to sort out another little niggle while I had the car off road. I trotted off down to Europarts and picked up a nice new mid section as I can hear a slight noise coming from the old flexi joint ( which I think could have been left over from the garage pulling the gearbox off to do the clutch)

So it seems that the Fusion has its Cat attached to the downpipe then an impossible joint that has to rusted nuts on it which I need to get off in order to get the new one on. I spent an hour or so under and over the car but was not able to even get a socket or ring spanner near them from any angle, I took the Lambda sensor out to give more space but was still unable to even get a start.

Has anyone else done this job, and do you have any tips for how to get to them please?

Hope there is a quick dodge for this...

Cheers,

Chris.

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up using a reciprocating saw and then drilled through the old studs on the cat side. Took ages. Also I mialigned my new holes slightly too.

Good luck

Thanks for your reply, I think I might try cutting the pipe so leaving the old join to the cat then using a smaller diameter pipe to join the new one in. It is only the flex bit that is bad...the joining flange to the cat is all good sound metal.

Cheers,

Chris.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club