Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 2 and Apple iOS 12 Music issue

glennkelly

Hi.

Since I updated my iPhone from iOS11 to iOS12, the music player ( Apple music ) stops playing music after around 5-7 minutes with Sync 2

The iPhone appears connected and the message at the bottom of the Car display says its "indexing device"
If I pull the USB cable from the front port and put it back in again it starts playing where it left off.

So on one iPhone I rolled back to iOS11 and that cured the problem. Replicated on another iPhone and that too fixed the issue.
Now on a new iPhone, I can't roll back to iOS11, so Im stuck on iOS12 and not being able to play music reliably through the USB.

Anyone else seen this or have a fix?

I was running SYNCGen2_3.08.15128.EA.10_PRODUCT so I have updated it to SYNCGen2_3.10.16180.EA.0_PRODUCT but the issue is still there.

I know this is likely to be an Apple issue, but you never know.

GK

On 10/1/2018 at 6:58 PM, glennkelly said:

Hi.

Since I updated my iPhone from iOS11 to iOS12, the music player ( Apple Music ) stops playing music after around 5-7 minutes with Sync 2

The iPhone appears connected and the message at the bottom of the Car display says its "indexing device"
If I pull the USB cable from the front port and put it back in again it starts playing where it left off.

So on one iPhone I rolled back to iOS11 and that cured the problem. Replicated on another iPhone and that too fixed the issue.
Now on a new iPhone, I can't roll back to iOS11, so Im stuck on iOS12 and not being able to play music reliably through the USB.

Anyone else seen this or have a fix?

I was running SYNCGen2_3.08.15128.EA.10_PRODUCT so I have updated it to SYNCGen2_3.10.16180.EA.0_PRODUCT but the issue is still there.

I know this is likely to be an Apple issue, but you never know.

GK

If this is broken now with Sync 2, don't expect it ever to be fixed unless Apple identify an issue on their end which they introduced. Sync 2 is very dead, and will not receive any updates.

iPhones and Sync 2 on the whole from what I have seen don't work properly. iPod's certainly don't work correctly (in the case of my iPod classic!).

@Botus - Sync 1 is very different beast to Sync 2 therefore irrelevant.

• Like 1

the issue is APPLE so very much connected between sync 1 and sync 2, if you had checked the post I said...

Ever since iOS 7 the first three operating system releases each time (so around 36 iOS releases !!! ) have been bug fixes for the bluetooth connection on cars / other devices.

Apple have NO idea what they are doing, never have had  - It'll work just give it 3 months and expect it to do all you expect by iOS 12.03 

Everyone else in the world uses BT standard protocols and seldom have connection issues on cars.... Apple just guess and make up software as they go,

• Haha 1

might turn up 23 oct.....   but charging fault not expected to be fixed till 12.2

636728631148398130.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club