Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanks BBC!

Kateysan
聽Share

Well the BBC potentially聽wiped the resale value of the聽Ecoboost engine cars. Just reading all the comments on FB under their article and a gazillion 'car experts' who obviuosly didn't read the article urging all their friends, family and strangers to get rid of their Ford cars 馃槓

And don't get me wrong, those who cars聽were affected by defaults deserve to be recompensed but for those of us whose cars weren't affected by the recalls,聽 people will just associate Ecoboost = avoid.

I think you are right,these are going to be a lot cheaper to get now with all this news coverage.

It will sure make you look twice at other cars,im so glad i kept my old 1.6 titanium.

2 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I think you are right,these are going to be a lot cheaper to get now with all this news coverage.

It will sure make you look twice as other cars,im so glad i kept my old 1.6 titanium.

I remain hopeful that my Ecoboost (with 0 recalls) drives for many a year to come with only the usual issues as it ages.

These easily influenced people will run out of cars to avoid soon... :laugh:

Go on any Facebook page about recalls or scandals and you'll find people saying to avoid pretty much every brand. 聽

I had to laugh at the guy with the Fiesta ST on there though...bought another identical one after his caught fire, but at least he keeps a fire extinguisher in it!!聽 :lol:

I'd still struggle to trust an older EcoBoost as I was saying on here yesterday though, that programme didn't tell us anything we didn't already know, I just hope the newer ones with a completely different degas hose system (no plastic joiner) and no rusty turbo pipes prove to be less explosive...I'm nowhere near affording one that new though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes it will knock a big hole into people to have the EcoBoost now.

Glad i never had one when i had the option 12 months ago,mine aint the Fastest which don't bother me,not the best on fuel but does for me the miles i do but i

like that's its a normal 1.6 Non Turbo just ploddering on.

It will fade away as we will run out of options what car to get and this is just Hot Press at the moment but will all blow over

• Like 1

Never considered parting with mine so it doesn't bother me.

• Like 1

we got 2 ecoboosts. im not bothered or concerned either. lol聽

• Like 1

I'm mostly concerned they'll use this as an excuse to tell everyone - including myself - with the聽other聽cooling pipe problem (rust) to jog on.聽

I'm booked in to the dealer next week to have them get an initial look at it, but trying to get a case number out of CRC has been like pulling teeth. No success there as of yet.聽

am I right in saying that anybody with a March 2015 on build聽shouldn't聽have an issue as all the fixes have been applied in the factory?

15 minutes ago, cjay1 said:

am I right in saying that anybody with a March 2015 on build聽shouldn't聽have an issue as all the fixes have been applied in the factory?

You won't have the degas problem but you probably have the rust problem.聽

As far as I know the TSB was raised in late 2016 for the rust issue.聽

1 hour ago, jbell said:

I'm mostly concerned they'll use this as an excuse to tell everyone - including myself - with the聽other聽cooling pipe problem (rust) to jog on.聽

I doubt it now because they know that if the rust on a cooling pipe to the turbo eats through the metal they are going to have an engine to replace FOC.

13 minutes ago, Bobr said:

I doubt it now because they know that if the rust on a cooling pipe to the turbo eats through the metal they are going to have an engine to replace FOC.

I can see two problems for us all:

1) misdirection - dealers will check the degas recall and say there is no problem as they're looking at the wrong problem. Likely due to misunderstanding rather than deliberately -- but still something to be careful of.聽

2) people who take the 100% offer with relation to past repairs or replacements with the degas hose may be asked to sign a "final and full settlement" agreement of coolant related engine failure. Then when their pipe rusts up and fails they have no recourse.聽

4 hours ago, jbell said:

You won't have the degas problem but you probably have the rust problem.聽

As far as I know the TSB was raised in late 2016 for the rust issue.聽

It seems though that a lot with the rust issues are 2013 models with the degas pipe replacement. I must look at mine again, I have checked before and they seem fine. One thing I have always noticed since I got the car is the bubbling sound the coolant makes when engine is turned off. I got the garage to double check for leaks but all seemed good or so they said!!

It will all blow over in a few weeks then another car will be picked on.

My opinion i have never been a fan of the 1 litre eco for a few things and what it gains for me is nothing and what i have read and heard off a few mechanics including on here.

Every car is with problems and just fords time now.

7 hours ago, Kateysan said:

It seems though that a lot with the rust issues are 2013 models with the degas pipe replacement. I must look at mine again, I have checked before and they seem fine. One thing I have always noticed since I got the car is the bubbling sound the coolant makes when engine is turned off. I got the garage to double check for leaks but all seemed good or so they said!!

Make sure to check the underside of the pipes. Mine looks mostly ok (very mild surface rust) on top, but has some significant rust on the underside.聽

8 hours ago, Kateysan said:

the bubbling sound after switching off is normal. there is an electric coolant pump that can switch on that circulates coolant around the turbo back to coolant expansion bottle.聽

• Like 1

聽Ruh-ro! Checked pipes and signs of rust that weren't there last year when I checked. 2016 reg 45K on clock. Still, will just get them to look at it during next service and stand my ground, they're a pretty good Ford dealership to deal with.聽

On another note, how the he'll do you attach pictures on here now? I can attach files or URLs but it won't access my gallery.

5 minutes ago, Kateysan said:

聽Ruh-ro! Checked pipes and signs of rust that weren't there last year when I checked. 2016 reg 45K on clock. Still, will just get them to look at it during next service and stand my ground, they're a pretty good Ford dealership to deal with.聽

On another note, how the he'll do you attach pictures on here now? I can attach files or URLs but it won't access my gallery.

Its amazing a 2016 reg car,what not even a full 2 year old with only 45k and rust on a turbo water feed pipe,as you said stand your ground and get it seen to.

To attach a file i just drag it into the space under where you write stuff,little paperclip (Drag files here to attch/or choose files) it says.

And that from being 100% clear of rust last year when I checked. Car came off the line in Mar 2016, when I first heard about the rust issue back mid 2017 I checked and nothing, just over a year later rust. Looks like Ford聽need to buy shares in an anti-rust paint factory.

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2018 at 8:35 PM, jbell said:

I can see two problems for us all:

1) misdirection - dealers will check the degas recall and say there is no problem as they're looking at the wrong problem. Likely due to misunderstanding rather than deliberately -- but still something to be careful of.聽

2) people who take the 100% offer with relation to past repairs or replacements with the degas hose may be asked to sign a "final and full settlement" agreement of coolant related engine failure. Then when their pipe rusts up and fails they have no recourse.聽

Bad news folks. Regular Ford CRC can no longer handle cases related to the Ecoboost coolant system, and mgrcrc are rejecting responsibility for everything that isn't a recall.聽

tl;dr ford will screw us all over in the future.

My mate has slight rusting on the turbo pipes of his '65 plate 1.0 Fiesta, which he has mentioned to the dealer previously and been told to "just keep an eye on it". He took it in last week for it's last service before the warranty expires. He was told it would only be a problem if he lived in Finland or Sweden (why not Norway?!) and the pipes would outlast the car. He wisely聽filmed the conversation on his 'phone, for evidence!

• 3 years later...
On 10/2/2018 at 11:39 PM, Kateysan said:

I know its an old thread but thought it was intresting because mine is a 62 plate (but registered in 2013) and this is mine lol

Screenshot_20221004-154229_Gallery.jpg