Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Light upgrades

Southcoastfocus

I’m thinking about changing my stock bulbs. I’ve seen a lot online about LED replacements. Are these a good upgrade or are super bright “normal” bulbs just as good?

Also drove a c-max courtesy car the other day and the footwell lights stayed on. How do you make the Focus mk2.5 footwell lights stay on? 

Cheers

LED is definitely the way forward. Just don't get cheap Chinese ones as they last about 5 minutes.

I'm not sure you can get the footwell lights to stay on without changing the wiring or adding some new ones. I would imagine it could be a bit distracting at night though with them on permanently.

super bright xenon gas filled conventional bulbs are total waste of space, just about better than stock and on a focus pop before you get to the end of the road

LED ones are illegal, last properly, won't pass an MOT, will upset your insurer, but work as good as a decent set of xenon's

good ones don't dazzle at all, so its all rather stupid... I get issues from std LED lights (particularly jag, audi, merc, toyota and BM) being stupidly bight as they make a sharp turn coming towards you, which isn''t the case with those in a mates focus.... not a single car has flashed us in 12 months of use.  I'd only use one company

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NIGHTEYE-H7-8000LM-LED-Headlight-Light-Bulbs-Kit-Replace-Halogen-6500K-White-UK/391519086554?epid=15009401587&hash=item5b285b27da:g:rZQAAOSwImRYITMd

and a decent set of sidelight ones to go with them

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=382176764498&_sacat=0

• Like 1