Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Escaping Noise From The Brake Pedal

danzman1991

Hi,

I noticed tonight that there is an "air escaping noise" coming from the brake pedal when the engine is running (It does this when the engine is off, which I know is perfectly normal)

When I get my head right next to the pedals, I can hear the air escaping and a little click noise..

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Dan.

Hi,

I noticed tonight that there is an "air escaping noise" coming from the brake pedal when the engine is running (It does this when the engine is off, which I know is perfectly normal)

When I get my head right next to the pedals, I can hear the air escaping and a little click noise..

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Dan.

there isnt one its normal it prevents over pressurization of the system

I've never noticed it before?

i had the same when i got mine took it into a garage that i trust and they told me its fine sometimes you wont notice it let me guess engine off and you press the pedal in and get a little hiss or squeek when you drive you wont hear it theres a brake booster thats pressure fed with hoses running to the engine not sure how it all works but air gets left in the hoses and thats all it really is if you whack the brakes on even though you dont have abs you will feel the brake peadal push back almost like abs would

It does it when I'm driving aswell as when the engine is off though?

all t time when you drive or when you brake hard if its all the time ide have it checked if its on and off with you braking hard then its normal

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club