Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit PTC Heater Mk3

bronc

Great news! I will see if I have the cable behind the wheel and if yes I'll retrofit the PTC heater. Did your car have the cable pre-installed? I also wonder if I need to get the exact heater that was installed during my car's production year (BV6N-18D612-BA) or the other versions would be okay (BV6N-18D612-AA, for example) as well..

51 minutes ago, bronc said:

Great news! I will see if I have the cable behind the wheel and if yes I'll retrofit the PTC heater. Did your car have the cable pre-installed? I also wonder if I need to get the exact heater that was installed during my car's production year (BV6N-18D612-BA) or the other versions would be okay (BV6N-18D612-AA, for example) as well..

Yes all the cables was there but the ground at the right wheel arch was disconnected. The power cable was well hidden under the right front carpet. It is better to install the exact heater because some are different shape. Check when you buy it to have the signal cable on it.

IMG_20181125_150430.jpg

IMG_20181125_151334.jpg

IMG_20181125_153711.jpg

ptc4.png

Great! Thanks for the information. Just one more thing - is there a screw to connect the cable to the fender behind the tape or do you need to have one? Any chance you remember what size is needed? Don't want to be caught off guard when I remove the wheel [emoji16]

Hello again sorry for late reply! The screw is missing, you must buy a special M6 conical ground screw as the pics. If you try to fix the ground with classic M6 screw you may damage the thread. Anything else you want ask me! Good Luck!

150159337.jpg

download (1).jpg

• Like 2

On 12/7/2018 at 2:46 PM, bronc said:

How do i find out which one matches my car also - mine is a MK3.5 reg this year (2018).

I've enabled my PTC heater, just need to run the thick live and earth as my car doesn't have them. Will do this at weekend. Then see what percentage the heater operates on mine with everything on.

On 12/7/2018 at 2:46 PM, bronc said:

BV6N-18D612-BA Is for LHD cars built between 16/08/2011 to 04/10/2012

BV6N-18D612-AA  Is for RHD cars built between 16/08/2011 to 04/10/2012

On 12/10/2018 at 12:05 PM, Abbadon said:

How do i find out which one matches my car also - mine is a MK3.5 reg this year (2018).

You need

BV6N-18D612-CA  Car built from 06/10/2014 to present 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2018 at 8:24 PM, Tezza said:

BV6N-18D612-BA Is for LHD cars built between 16/08/2011 to 04/10/2012

BV6N-18D612-AA  Is for RHD cars built between 16/08/2011 to 04/10/2012

You need

BV6N-18D612-CA  Car built from 06/10/2014 to present 

Thanks!

Hello everybody! I purchased the PTC, all the cables are OK. To install the ptc in position, what parts do i have to remove? Center console? Glovebox? 
The car is 2015 facelift.
Thank you

On 12/7/2018 at 2:40 PM, johncompu said:

Hello, there is no problem with the alternator. The car have all the safety systems to protect the alternator and battery. I have installed ptc heater with the 120amp alternator on 1.5 diesel no problem. But! If you have the lights on, the fan full speed, heated seats on etc, maybe the car would stop the signal to ptc or decrease it to 50% or lower in order to not overload the alternator and battery! Go ahead install it! Then with FORSCAN you can check the percent the PTC Heater works.

ptc1.jpg

ptc2.jpg

What app did you use to monitor the PTC heater? 

Ok, so I didn't read his post fully! It's forscan, I looked on Windows laptop version of forscan and can't see PTC heat. 

I know it's working as this morning I put heater on high temp and got warm air within 30 secs or so with cold engine ticking over . 

• Like 2

On 12/16/2018 at 2:03 PM, iantt said:

Ok, so I didn't read his post fully! It's forscan, I looked on Windows laptop version of forscan and can't see PTC heat. 

I know it's working as this morning I put heater on high temp and got warm air within 30 secs or so with cold engine ticking over . 

FORSCAN LITE ANDROID

• 1 year later...

Followed this topic and got a PTC heater of eBay via Focus City after studying the my own Ford ETIS minor spec. and deciding that my car didn't come with a supplemental heater as I have never had heat when its cold....even though it has one listed on ETIS.

So ordered the PTC heater, and then decided to investigate where it gets fitted, and to my surprise I actually have a PTC heater fitted and it is activated in Focccus (Central Car Config) so I now have a spare PTC heater module and need to check whether it actually works next time its cold heater in Glasgow.

ptc.PNG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club