Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta ecoboost problems

Fordfiesta64plate

Hi guys 

I have a Ford Fiesta ecoboost 1.0 64 plate with 23,000 miles. I have taken it into ford a while ago because a family member said it’s maififold is blowing- I have no idea about cars btw. Ford said nothing was wrong and it was left. Now I have noticed a eggy smell in the car when trying to pull away fast but don’t know if it’s the clutch or the engine! I am new to driving so don’t know if it’s my bad driving or the car?! 

Thank you to anyone who helps and replies! 

It's probably just a bit of clutch slip if you're revving it hard before the clutch is fully up.  

It's not always easy to feel the bite on the clutch of a small petrol though...I guess you probably learnt in a diesel?  On a fast pull away you want just enough revs not to stall as you bring the clutch up, then boot it once the clutch is fully up.  You'll get maximum acceleration and no clutch slip like that. :smile: 

PS, on an unrelated note, keep an eye on the coolant levels on that engine.

Thank you so much for your help! 

I learnt in the same car I have now! And never used to happen 😂. I don’t know what I’m doing or what slipping the clutch is?!  My dad checked the coolant was below min so it was topped up but not checked it in ages so might have to again?! 

Thank you so much!!

• 3 months later...

Eggy smells which are usually caused by sulphur dioxide come from the catalytic converter, they build up over a period of time and discharcharge now and again.

• 3 months later...

Definitely keep an eye on coolant levels when I first found out about all the problems with ecoboosts I checked mine and low and behold it was way below the minimum level!!! Topped it over and made sure I kept an eye on it then a few weeks later it had dropped to really low again!! Booked it into ford for a free engine check and the cap to my coolant tank hadn’t got a seal on it so they charged me £75 for a new one something that had probably never been there in the first place 😡 since then my coolant has dropped thankfully 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club