Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water in the boot

grumpy

Hi peeps I am getting water in my boot mk7 zetec s does anyone know where it would be coming from thanks in advance 

My first guess would be to check all around the rubber seals around the boot.

Hopefully somebody with better knowledge will come along in the meantime 😀.

• Like 1

Usually, any sort of water in the boot is going to be a tailgate seal.  If not that, check the roof lining for damp patches and make sure your rear washer is working properly.

• Like 1

I have checked the seals and my roof lining is dry could it be coming in from any off the seals from around the rear lights

The rear light don't have any seals, they just fit into the holes then tighten up and any water running down the inside of the rear wings should run past them.

Check to make sure the water does run past them by pouring some down the inside of the rear wings and then check under the car to see if the water runs out, if not make sure there's no blockages around the bottom of the hatch area,

Do you get the leaks after driving in rain/ after washing car/ all the time even when it's dry on the roads?

Does the water look and smell clean?

It happens all the time it looks clean will have to check again will let you know 

There’s a vent below each rear light under the bumper. They’ve been known to leak. 

Boot seals, lamp unit seals, vents underneath bumper and also the sealant that is used to cover the join between the side and roof panels is known to crack on older vehicles allowing water in.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club