Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk3 wipers fluid sensor

bronc

This morning I discovered that my Focus doesn't show a warning for low wipers fluid level. After some digging around I discovered there is a TSB regarding this problem that applies to all cars built before 14/01/2012. Mine was build 09/01/2012.. Does anyone have access to the TSBs so I can see what needs to be done? The exact name is TSB 12-04-13 - LOW WASHER SOLVENT WARNING MESSAGE MAY NOT DISPLAY ON VEHICLES BUILT ON OR BEFORE 1/14/2012

Do you have xenons?  Early ones with halogens don't even have the low fluid sensor or wiring to add it, my '12 plate Titanium didn't.  

Uhhh... Now I see. That sucks. I assume retrofitting would be a PITA..

edit: hmm, according to catcarinfo, my car should have it 10D968 1234154 Switch - Liquid Low Level Warning

Fitting the sensor would be pretty easy, and I think it's something you could enable with FoCCCus.  The hard part would be adding wiring though, I don't know how far back you'd have to go with it, possibly all the way back to the BCM as there definitely weren't any loose plugs in the area of the washer bottle.

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Fitting the sensor would be pretty easy, and I think it's something you could enable with FoCCCus.  The hard part would be adding wiring though, I don't know how far back you'd have to go with it, possibly all the way back to the BCM as there definitely weren't any loose plugs in the area of the washer bottle.

Updated my post meanwhile. According to catcarinfo my car is fitted with the sensor. I guess I'll pay the 8 EUR to see the TSB.

This is what I was able to find on another forum. Can this be performed using ForScan or only Ford IDS?

TSB
12-4-13 LOW WASHER SOLVENT WARNING MESSAGE MAY NOT DISPLAY ON VEHICLES BUILT ON OR BEFORE 1/14/2012 

Publication Date: April 30, 2012 

FORD: 2012 Focus 

ISSUE:
Some 2012 Focus vehicles built on or before 1/14/2012 may not display the low washer solvent message as detailed in the Owner's Guide. 

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Using the Ford Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) start a new IDS session. 
ID the vehicle; select the tool box at the vehicle screen. 
Select module programing. 
Select programmable parameter. 
Select car configuration parameters. 
Select vehicle configuration. 
Retrieve professional technician society (PTS) delivered as-built data. 
Follow the on-screen prompts. 

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME 
120413A 2012 Focus: Follow Service Procedure To Repair Concern (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 0.3 Hr. 

DEALER CODING
BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE 
14A068 04

1 hour ago, bronc said:

Updated my post meanwhile. According to catcarinfo my car is fitted with the sensor. 

It was an option...but only for cars with headlight washers (country dependant, but Xenon only in UK spec).  You'll see both washer bottles are listed for your car as well, with and without headlight washers.

Forscan can't do module updates afaik, needs to be IDS or VCX Nano.

Hmmm, I see. I guess I'll ask the dealership to check when I bring it in for the clutch recall. Thanks.

All factory fitted zenon cars must have headlight washers by law so would have low wash sensors in order to ensure compliance (although driving any car with an empty bottle is also an offence).
On non zenon cars a sensor is an option only.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

You could also check on Etis.
Register for free as an independent operator and you'll be able to see all factory fitted options your car was built with.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=26D53FAD587B945CC31EEB553BE4D729.fcvas504

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)